Is this the worst writing in warcraft ever?

This quest is DUMB, indeed. They should made it like it was on the past, when they found that the souls were being sent to the maw.
As it is, it’s pure bad writting, and only reinforce that the forsworns are right, afterall.

2 Likes

never thought i’d see something worse than Draenor is free but… yeah.

1 Like

They could just leave them on their planets as spooky ghosts then. It’s much better than sending them to super hell to be fuel for a malevolent death god.

1 Like

Aside the useless 5 paragons and Archon against only 1 rogue paragon, and the whole place is wrecked. This chain quest went down the hill at full speed.

2 Likes

We can just assume that leaving all souls in their planets would cause other problems. We don’t know enough about death to understand the consequences anyway.

Generally when I watch a movie, or play a videogame, or anything, I prefer to think of in-universe explanations before getting mad at the writing. There are some things that I do get mad at WoW’s writing for, especially in BfA, but this isn’t one of them for me.

1 Like

This single-handedly killed my interest in going home and playing games tonight, lol.

We have specific examples of what happens when the Kyrian don’t pick up most souls.

It’s fine. Auchindoun, Shadowmoon valley - you can keep all your ghosts on your planet and it’s not a problem.

This is LITERALLY the dumbest thing they’ve ever done. All the information we need to understand the situation exists, it’s just completely stupid.

4 Likes

Well those are some ghosts, but not all ghosts. Eventually the planet would overflow with ghosts if absolutely nobody got taken to the Shadowlands.

We can just say that would cause problems and leave it at that.

Ah. I thought we were talking about them purposely sending them there. I understand now.

It really isn’t. If someone doesn’t bring the souls over, then what? They just disappear into oblivion? Stay in limbo where they’re at for an eternity?

It has to be done. Regardless of where they go.

That’s much much better. Being a ghost in limbo on your own planet can be straight up comfy for some like when Auchindoun was working.

The other option is mega super death hell where you get burned up as fuel for the worst thing in the universe. You basically can’t get worse than that.

4 Likes

I mean, we don’t know the mechanics of the Shadowlands and it maybe that we never will, but perhaps for some reason they can’t just let souls linger in the mortal plane. Like if they didn’t ferry souls to the Shadowlands do mortals never die, or does something bad happen to the souls that are stranded?

Although I agree that something seems off. After all, if your enemy is using souls to build an army, you should want to cut off his supply of souls. One glaring possibility is that the Archon/Kyrian are not aligned the way they’re implied to be.

Similar to the Maldraxxi and their Primus who also betray appearances.

1 Like

Most of those souls are tortured and lost. It’s why we kill so many of them. It’s not better. We’re rescuing souls from the Maw. We can’t rescue something from ovlibion.

Considering we watch tortured souls wander around our world and then we have to permanently put them out of their misery, I would say this is accurate.

1 Like

this isn’t bad writing, your thinking is just flawed

Not the worst but it is incredibly trite. Writing stories has never been blizzard strong point anyway. Stories to them or just a vehicle to get to the Systems and mechanics.

1 Like

then they stay stuck on azeroth as ghosts until someone collects them. we’ve seen plenty of ghosts around so clearly not EVERY soul gets collected in a timely manner.

sure azeroth might end up REAAAALLY haunted for a few years, but i’m sure they could sort that out… better than damning them to an eternity in the maw.

1 Like

99% of the souls going to Torghast also face oblivion AND They fuel super hell. It’s objectively worse. It’s the worst thing that could possibly happen to a soul.

4 Likes

So what happens to the souls if they are not taken by the Kyrian? Wasn’t that part of the issue that was cited to us? Like, if the spirit doesn’t move on… wouldn’t it become some undead abomination and overrun Azeroth? Still a lot of stuff evil people could do since no one is taking the souls to what is essentially hell.

*Asking because I don’t have in-depth knowledge about all WoW lore. And mostly not sure what happens to a deceased individual in the case of a soul not moving on.

It’s not just our planet.

And we’ve killed ghosts stuck here because they become tortured and lost.

Leaving them means breaking down the entire system and leaving souls destined to a permanent death.

Not all souls go to Torghast. And they can be rescued.

You’re talking about breaking down the entire system, destroying the realm of death, which would most likely devastate all of the realities like a domino effect.

1 Like

You’re really coping for blizzard just being dumb right now.

1 Like

You’re really not understanding how the realms work and just want to complain.

4 Likes