Is this server dead?

I haven’t played in years but I recently came back. I remember this server used to be filled with people.

Now I rarely run into anyone while I’m leveling, warmode or not. It’s like a single player game. And in major cities it’s really depopulated compared to what I’m used to.

Now I haven’t made it to the Shadowlands zones yet, but it was never this empty on older zones before. Even the BFA zones are super empty.

Trade chat is also completely dead and my non guilded characters never get invited to guilds anymore. I used to get spammed to join guilds.

So is this normal for most servers now? The server says “high” under population but it doesn’t feel like it at all.

It feels pretty dead to me, been downhill since BFA

4 Likes

It’s dead, Jim.

3 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t say dead, but we’ve lost a lot of our core player-base to TBC/Classic and transfers, and countless more leaving for greener pastures like FF14.

BFA did a number on the population, and Shadowlands is quickly tanking it even further. If Shadowlands keeps sucking, I worry we’ll become a graveyard, just another low pop server where people come only for easy rares and mats.

A lot of realms are hurting rn though, we certainly aren’t alone in that.

4 Likes

Something definitely changed, because nothing has been the same since I came back at the end of BfA

3 Likes

BFA killed my guild Sythegore Arm and many other big guilds. People jumped ship, when they came back, it was so dead, they transferred elsewhere.

Then Warmode came along, and it split the server even more.