Is this post even going to work?

No idea where this should go under forums, I can barely comprehend what forums do what.

This is a feedback post to state that your (Blizzard/WoW/etc) forums are highly unintuitive if not malignant in operation.

I spent 15 - 30 minutes yesterday attempting to post anything before I realized that I was not, in fact, logged in. The top right corner of my browser simply stated “My Account” which presumably would lead me to my account info and not a prompt to actually log in.

Additionally once I did log in and craft a post I was informed I was not able to provide a link or image to detail my issue, but hey there’s a button on this window to allow just that.

Finally, I decided to check back to see if anyone else had any comments on my post either relevant or redirecting me, which was entirely possible, but I have no idea who’s \censored\ it got shoved up and I’m not about to ask everyone to bend over so I can see if my post is in their backside.

I did locate some section of my account page that indicates I might have a post history but it’s at 0. I’m not sure if this is because I switched characters between posts since my first attempt was with a level 10 alt avatar or said post was deleted out of hand for being off-topic for the section it was in, or the front-end developer of this trash is so bad at their job it just never went up entirely.

All are very likely possibilities. In any case the dev or more likely executive that made the decision on this design needs a multi-million dollar pay cut. Spend a few of the monies saved on a PHPBB system or imitation and donate the rest to a high profile charity that does NOT drop 90% of their proceeds into administrative fees.

Hey Biermaid,

Here is your original post in the General Discussion forums.

The forums are on a platform called Discourse and use a “trust” system which determines if users can post direct links. You are welcome to post links (to safe content) by either breaking the link or wrapping the link using Preformatted text with the </> button in the posting section.

There is a bunch of information about posting tips and features in a stickied thread on the General Discussion forums here if you want to check it out.

I’m afraid we don’t have a direct forum section for forum feedback, but hopefully this info helps.

Best of luck out there!