Is this intended?

level 3? im level 120?

You need to have a higher trust level before you can post a hyperlink.

Your character level has nothing to do with your forum trust level.

thats ignorant, how about you give everyone permission to post links, THEN YOU REVOKE THE ONES THAT ABUSE IT. simple stuff.

b/c being told i cant use a feature on a forum site even though i can clearly click it. is just ignorant

anyway back to the forum post.

is it intended? do i need to post in the bug forums? and wait weeks for this to be fixed and have to send out this mission at a lower % b/c it wont be fixed in 1 day 12 hours.

How about, no.

And I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

That isn’t information that Customer Support would have. If you believe you have encountered a bug, it would be best to post in the Bug Report forum or otherwise submit a bug report. If you aren’t entirely certain I’d recommend posting in the Quest section to see if other players can provide more insight.

You may also check with @WarcraftDevs.

3 Likes

No, that is smart. When the internet is allowed free reign to post any images and clickable links they want, it gets abused. This includes links to malware, botting software, malicious websites, illegal websites, etc. It costs real life money to have mods trying to chase down violators over the entirety of the Blizzard forums (which all use the same software with permissions setups). That is not cost effective. Instead you earn the right to make clickable links by showing you can follow the rules.

That includes not yelling, not trolling, not using profanity, not insulting folks, etc.

6 Likes

so in game issues isn’t information that customer support would have… ah i see very unorganized.

and yes a definition of ignorant is discourteous or rude. and i find it rude that i can click this button, pick in the information. then im told i dont have permission. you dont tell me the requirements when trying to post, you dont have a level requirement on the hyperlink button. just strait up telling i cant do something is very rude and should be re worked.

Err… WoW!

You know what would happen if you give the masses the ability to post links as you want?

We’d be flooded with inappropriate material.

You know what that means for the forum staff - work load increases dramatically, taking their time away from addressing legitimate questions and the like.

How the system is now is not rude or ignorant, it’s simply common sense.

5 Likes

Or you could earn it like everyone else that can post links has.

7 Likes

you can still post link info without being trust level 3.
Type the link in the reply box, highlight it, and then use the Pre-formatted text button on the reply box.

The link will not be clickable, but it will be copy and pasteable

4 Likes

but the way they go about not telling you the requirements to be able post links, is rude, and frankly unheard of from a AAA company, like how can you have something gated behind levels but not have the level requirment on the button? this is a video game company after all…

You done with the insults? Grow up. It isn’t an in game issue, it is hard to even figure out what you are trying to describe. If you think it is a bug then you report it as a bug, if you want to figure out if you are simply not understanding how it works you post in Quests to see if someone else can explain it for you.

It isn’t Customer Support’s job to explain how everything works.

3 Likes

ask me if i done with the isualts, then instantly insult me. not even bothering with the rest of ur post.

/sigh :roll_eyes:

Is it an issue? Or do you misunderstand how it is supposed to work? Customer Support isn’t in place to provide details on how the game works and the various mechanics that are in place. That isn’t information they generally have or are tasked with providing.

That is what these forums are for, for players to discuss the game and aspects of it with each other. Such as the Quest Forum, where you can discuss this mission and how it is working. Perhaps you are missing something in how it is supposed to work? If others agree that you appear to be doing everything right and it isn’t working correctly that is when you submit a bug report.

Odd, that isn’t a definition of that word that I’m familiar with. The only ones I could find are:

• lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
  • lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
  • uninformed; unaware.
  • due to or showing lack of knowledge or training

As for being ignorant of how these forums work, there isn’t much I can say there. We did provide information when originally announcing the new forum format and there is a sticky in the General Discussion forum that covers how to use them and trust levels.

As the others noted, you can still post a URL, you just cannot embed it. You can use the prereformatted text option.

5 Likes

I didn’t insult you, I made a suggestion. You came in here and called Blizzard ignorant and then when you didn’t like the correct answer you got you proceeded to call them unorganized. I then gave you the correct answer that you seemed to not like, to make sure that you understood why the answer was given.

5 Likes

I think you have the wrong definition.

There are two formal definitions
*lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.
*lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

The slang definition or informal one is based of the inclusion of uneducated or unsophisticated as a concept. Some people use the word rude to also mean rudimentary (basic) which also led to the concept of being discourteous. EDIT - it goes back to peasants being stereotyped as ignorant (uneducated), rude (lacking proper manners), and basic (lacking fashion, good housing, tools, etc.) It is not something most people do though -in that it is not polite to boil down lack of education into also meaning a person lacks manners.

Don’t try to mix the slang/informal definition with the real ones. You were ignorant of the trust levels - but having a link button you can’t use, is not treating you rudely.

He googled “Ignorant definition” and it comes up in the search index as the Informal definition of the word - (slang). He did not click on the link or do any more research into the actual word or what the real meanings are. No actual dictionary website was consulted.

EDIT

they are in no way upfront about how it works.

There is a Sticky thread explaining Trust Levels and what you can do with them at the top of the General Forums. New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features Your lack of knowledge on the forum features is due to your lack of reading the provided information.

8 Likes

https//imgur,com/a/lbTVXM8 - informal definition odd how its easy to google something and find out im right. and yes i grew up in detroit where this definition is used commonly by the locals

yeah but letting me use it and not telling me i cant actually use it is very rude/mean. they are in no way upfront about how it works. i find it rude. and you cant tell me what i do and dont find rude.

As I said, I’m not familiar with that definition. I’m from Michigan, thank you, and it was never used in that context that I encountered. Even odder still, it is amazing how you felt it is more important to be combative, which really has colored every response you have received thus far, so I think we’re done here.

Good luck to you.

5 Likes

Even though I have my reservations on doing so, I’ll try to provide what insights I can after looking through this.

In your first example you have Shadow Hunter Ty’jin, Arcanist Valtrois and Hobart Grapplehammer.

• Hobart increased chance by 25%, but doesn’t counter anything in that mission.
    Valtrois provides an extra 30% against melee and doesn’t counter anything in the mission.
    Ty’jin counters the first one and has Blessing of Dambala which gives 30% against ranged troops.

• In the second, you only have Ty’jin countering the first one with their 30% bonus, and Rexxar. Rexxar doesn’t counter anything or provide any other bonuses.

• In the third, you have Lilian, Ty’jin and Hobart. Hobart gives you the +25%, Ty’jin counters the first one plus 30%, and Lilian counters the second.

• In the forth you have just Lilian and Ty’jin countering both and giving 30% but not countering the last one.

• In the fifth you have Ty’jin countering the first one +30%, Valtrois countering nothing but with +30% and no troop or third champion to give any benefits or countering the last one.

• In the sixth, you have Ty’jin countering +30%, and then Dread-Admiral Tattersail, who isn’t countering anything either but has broadside, which gives +30% against melee troops.

Each troop gives a base 10%, veterans 20%, each Champions appears to give 20%, though I imagine the legendary version probably gives more (I don’t have one to test though). These numbers are approximates and I’m certain there are other factors that I may not be aware of or using.

Countering the Primary objective gives 40% countering a minor objective is 25%.

• So, Hobart gives 20+25, Valtrois is 20%+30+ and Ty’jin gives 20+40+30= 185. Since the second Operative wasn’t countered the “powerful” was active, lowering the success chance and the last one isn’t countered.

• Second one, Ty’jin 20+40+30 + 20 from Rexxar gives you 110 and with “powerful” active, lowering the success chance and the last one isn’t countered.

• Third: Lilian gives 20+40, Ty’jin gives 20+40+30 and Hobart gives 20+25. So that’s 195, but again the last one isn’t countered.

• Fourth: Lilian gives 20+40, Ty’jin gives 20+40+30 giving 150 but the last one isn’t countered.

• Fifth: Ty’jin 20+40+30 and Valtrois +30 = 120 with the second not countered or the last one.

• Sixth: Ty’jin 20+40+30 and Tattersail 20+30 = 140, with the second objective not counters of the last one.

To be clear, this isn’t the kind of information that CS would ever be able to provide. I did it out of curiosity and my numbers are likely off.

I am fairly certain that there are folks out there who have done all the math and know precisely how everything works, which is why it is best to take it to forums like the Quest forum, or maybe wowhead or other sites where other players might be able to provide you with better specifics, if you are so interested.

10 Likes