Is this Blizzards way of slowly phasing Hunter out and removing them from WoW?

It sounds to me like WoW is wanting to remove Hunter during Dragonflight. I mean it makes sense with all the Demon Hunters in the game, Hunter has become a useless class in the eyes of Blizzard.

This could be why we are not getting any Hunter changes the entire expac so far. I’m willing to bet Hunter is going to be completely removed as a class option here soon and current Hunters will log in and be forced to use a free “class swap”.

6 Likes

I think if you make just one more post about this, then things will change for the better.

5 Likes

Not sure why a level 17 warlock hangs out in the Hunter forum.

5 Likes

He is not wrong tho.

Everybody is on board Blizzard is dropping the ball.

The thing is, since everybody was on-board last week, we need a new cry-meta.

The current one is clearly not working and starting to feel stale. I enjoy yelling fire as much as the next guy. But I am ready to see something else after this forum started burning non stop weeks ago :confused:

We are all aware trust me.

Yes, took you that long to realize.

They can’t fix the mess that is hunter, pet system design is horrible, also they have to work extra hard to fix pet AI.

They telling us to play the new mail class evoker instead. We are dumb thats all.

1 Like

What else would you like to see? Do you want to talk about transmogs? Or best useless pet selection for your transmog?

1 Like

I think hunter needs a redesign.

I say survival gets reworked as a pet-less hunter that can swap between ranged and melee combat

3 Likes

WAIT WAIT…UPDATE GUYS UPDATE…Stampede is now a 40 yard range…LOL

9 Likes

Let me introduce you to a fact: judging people solely by their forum posting character is kinda dumb.

Imagine a world with me where people play this game over the last 2 decades and have more than one character.

Also, posting once or so isn’t “hanging out”.

I honestly don’t know.

You know what go ahead.
They kind of deserve to know even if they probably don’t read.

Very true. But to say blizzard has hated hunter since Demon hunter and they will soon be deleted as a class option is absurd. It’s like a kid throwing a tantrum divorced from facts.

1 Like

You comment on every post I make. Kinda weird.

I think I’ve commented at you twice. I have over 1800 posts. Feel free to cite my many, many replies to you if I’m wrong.

I’m confident that i don’t comment on every post you make.

Let him voice his opinion.
What’s the point anyway.

We are all friends here aren’t we?
Is this forum a bit dramatic? Very much so!
Did Ret Pala just get huge concession from Blizzard because they cried? Maybe
Will it hurt anybody? Probably not.
Do i prefer him doing this instead of shooting up a school? Most definitely

Some people take out their frustrations with class changes or lack of class changes by attacking the people who want changes more than they do. My post is out of frustration that the class I’ve played since TBC has been so beyond neglected to the point that I just don’t know what to do about it anymore. I tried alts, I tried running idiot zug zug melee, its just not as fun as the nuance of skillful CC and outplaying people like hunter can do.

But this entire expac Hunters have basically just been forgotten. Patch after patch zero changes happen, and you start to lose hope that Blizzard actually even cares about the class.

7 Likes

I feel you.

I tried 4 other classes and geared them to 390 but they couldn’t fill the shoes.

I always play bow and arrow if the game allows it.

So trust me I am probably at least as disappointed as you.

Let’s make this more constructive tho.

What are in your opinion the 3 biggest crimes Blizzard committed on Hunters in DF?

2 Likes

Crime number 1: Giving every melee class 2x the gap closers than Hunters have distance creators. This makes Kiting as a Hunter impossible in DF.

Crime number 2: Not giving Hunters a meaningful defensive when other classes got MULTIPLE new defensives. We got some 20% heal on a 2min CD and requires you to use an tenacity pet.

Crime number 3: Making (BM) Hunters reliant on a Bow obtained through raiding if they want to do meaningful damage.

Crime number 4: Forcing us to spend 4 separate globals just to even BEGIN damage as a BM Hunter. (Barbed shot, Barbed shot (2 stacks), Beastial Wrath, Barbed shot (3 stacks), Bloodshed, Death Chakrams…NOW I can finally use Kill command). The entire time we are using these globals we have ZERO burst damage coming out.

Crime number 5: Removing the ONLY instant Burst DPS cooldown Hunters currently had (MM Double tap) and not just replacing DT with a trash filler talent…but also rearranging the MM tree so that most MM can’t even take some of the talents they had before.

There are probably more but these are just some of the BS Blizzard has done to Hunter.

EDIT:

Crime number 6: Adding such a USELESS talent Sentinal Owl, and KEEPING such a useless talent (Stampede).

EDIT AGAIN:

Crime number 7: NOT TESTING PVP TALENTS OUT AT ALL FOR BM HUNTERS…Dire Beast: Basilisk hits for less than an auto attack (this PvP talent used to chunk people). Dire beast: Hawk does negative damage and is a stationary small circle.

9 Likes

I think the biggest crime is Hunter being stale since BFA which was a very bad design to begin with.

Literally nothing happened with hunter since then and it shows.

One could argue SV took up all the design budget because it is the only spec that got better over time. Still almost nobody plays it.

1 Like

I’d argue Hunter has been stale since Survival became a melee spec. They have steadily TAKEN away abilities and utility from Hunter only to just not even replace those abilities or give us dumb watered down garbage as replacement (the Double Tap example).

All three specs need a rework/overhaul in a big way, but I just don’t think Blizzard cares or even considers Hunters worth it to give the time of day to development. They’d rather rework DH or Assass rogue talents.

6 Likes

At least MM was good in Legion.
I don’t know about BM and SV was undertuned and undercooked so badly it gave me salmonella.

So probably yeah Legion with the exception of MM? Which they for no reason reworked into the current suboptimal state.

What iteration of BM or MM would you like to see? I feel like RSV is lost to the void lords (or absorbed by MM sadly)

1 Like