Is this against the rules: holding zones hostage for ransom

For that specific scenario. That doesn’t suddenly make all scenarios fine.

I’m not aware of any situation in the modern epoch of WoW where they’ve done or could do anything about it. That is why I am so comfortable in stating cross faction communication is fine.

And if it really is against the rules…but they can never and never will enforce it. Then is it really against the rules?

Once again you’re equating broad/general communication with the specific example of people colluding to extort other players. As I said earlier this type of extreme collusion is not overly rampant and does not seem to happen to test the boundaries.

The fact is Blizzard’s statement made it crystal clear that the concept of cross faction collusion goes against the spirit of the game and they’re not fans of it, they just chose not to act on the current RCOTDS situation and gave their reasons why while still leaving the door open to change their mind later.

Nothing left to prove here, if you’d like to disprove me in that all levels of collusion are allowed I’d encourage you to orchestrate a boat ticket mafia that involves cross faction collusion and let me know how it goes.

You’re right. With resounding inaction.
Collusion happened in phase 1 with devilaurs. It was fine
Collusion happened in phase 2 with world pvp. It was fine.
Collusion happened all through-out battlegrounds with pool-parties etc. It was fine.
Collusion happened EN MASSE with the AQ event. It was fine.
Collusion happens daily with discord and Real ID. It is fine.

Blizzard has made their stance on collusion crystal clear. Its fine.

If you have a single shred of evidence of some one being sanctioned for collusion. I would love to hear it. Until then, every shred of evidence available says collusion is fine.

People only get angry because their level 20’s get killed, so they bring their 60’s and get killed again… Redridge is mine.

It’s been pointed out that collusion and communication aren’t necessarily the same thing.

Blizzard doesn’t do a whole lot about anything anymore. They do what they want when they want to whoever they want and ignore everything else. If they’re consistent in anything, it’s being inconsistent.

Gath’Ilzogg informs me who to kill

Back in Wrath, I rerolled to PvE due to server transfers killing the balance of my PvP server and losing so many on Ally side. I picked a good time since LFD had been introduced [though someone in-game had to tell me WTH that even was] and I spammed it mostly skipping all of this drama since I was leveling a tank. However, I was floored by all the NPC killing happening on this server.

Know what I did when I came across it? I got my max toon, I went to the place and killed the gankers. And then killed them again, and again, and again if they didn’t just flee [which they often did]. If they were particularly atrocious, I hunted them across the zone and kept killing them and friends would occasionally come by to join in.

Now, the introduction of CRZ in retail made this non-viable for many reasons, but the question is - why isn’t anyone doing this in Classic? Back when I was on a PvP server I found a guild, they would come help me when I was being camped, corpse crawling into an instance, or my quest givers were dying. I came for people not able to quest on both PvP/PvE. It’s completely disappointing that grinding these guys into dust while reporting them doesn’t seem to be an option - just complaining that they are breaking TOS [which I agree if this is actually happening] while stopping it from even being a thing in the meantime.

OP - There are actually multiple answers to this problem - report as extortion cross-faction is getting up there, ask for people to come kill them at least for a bit, and consider simply swapping zones if it’s a huge problem - there are other places to level. Zones less traveled are often a far better choice for leveling on a PvP server I’ve found.

Sure. However it is physically impossible to have collusion without communication first. That is why there was NEVER a prohibition on ‘‘collusion.’’ The prohibition was explicitly against ‘‘communication’’ a decade ago, probably to help lower collusion though.

But the point about Real ID that I’m making is that it would be a bannable to use it if the old rules still existed. The rule don’t exist anymore.

Except in this case they have been nothing but consistent. They have let people collude freely from the very start. And in the only time they’ve even mentioned it…guess what? They have allowed it to continue .

In this case. There has been zero inconsistencies. Collusion is fine and has been fine in every aspect of Classic since launch.

It has been answered. You simply refuse to accept the answer. The fault is with you.

PVP happened on a PVP server.

1 Like

Genius imo.