Is this a reasonable ask? (Ace of beasts)

Hello!

I am trying to make a beasts deck and the Ace only drops from the beast in UBRS. It’s the only item I want from the instance and my sole reason for running it.

I have been asking groups if its ok that Only the people who intend to make a beasts deck roll on the ace if it drops. If they don’t agree, I don’t group. Is that a reasonable thing to ask? I don’t want to reserve it; if another person is making a deck, I don’t mind rolling them for it.

If I’m gonna have to roll against everyone who simply wants to sell the card every time, I’d rather just not bother running it at all and instead buy it off the AH when I see it listed at a good price.

Edit- I bought the Ace. Thank you for the replies and feedback.

6 Likes

Yes you just form a group with the msg of it being on Res to you. People have a choice if they want to come or not.

2 Likes

Totally reasonable.

1 Like

Everyone can use this card because it sells on the AH. If you were in a group and were willing to tip everyone some amount then I’d consider passing. Otherwise it’s good for everyone to roll on it for the cash.

So, no, it’s not reasonable to reserve it without compensating people.

7 Likes

Why would I not just buy it off the AH then? Is there really a price that I could pay to 9 other people that wouldn’t be cheaper to just buy the card?

Then just buy it off the AH.

If you asked me, “Are you trying to make the beast’s deck, if not would you pass on the ace if it drops?” I’d say I’m trying to make one too just to avoid an argument. How would you ever know?

If you want it so badly then just buy it, otherwise run with a group and share the loot.

4 Likes

I think you are answering your own question here. No, there isn’t.

You can go farm the card and take your chances. You can try and bring some friends to improve your chances. You can try and reserve it. You can offer a bonus if it drops. You can also save up the gold and buy it, either when it drops or from the AH.

3 Likes

lol

No.

5 Likes

I want loot. Me. My loot.
It no your loot. Me me me.
No i no pay you for loot. You give me loot.
Zug zug.

2 Likes

You’re basically just asking to create a res group for the card. Its completely fine although I think it is kind of dumb to try to join a group and essentially reserve the card rather than create your own group.

It’s totally reasonable. As long as you are letting people know up front, and they are agreeing to those terms, then it’s all good.

If you try to spring it on them mid run, maybe no.

I personally would rather see it go to someone who’s going to use it. I loathe the greed mentality of modern wow where “everyone needs gold”.

10 Likes

Yeah, this was never an issue when I was playing before classic. The whole point of need before greed was you were going to use it and not sell it.

Different community I guess. Or maybe I just got lucky with who I played with before.

5 Likes

It’s been the mentality all the way back to Vanilla. You put in time, stuff drops, you get a share of it. I’d rather that if something good drops everyone splits it equally but that can be difficult to do.

Personally, if I win something that has serious value I usually try to give the rest of the group something in return at the end. Unless they also got something good, then we’re even.

it should be a reasonable thing to ask, but most people are too greedy to go along with it

I’m spoiled. My pug group % is almost non-existant. It suits my style a lot more to be grouping with other people who freely pass on potential gold to help out their buddies.

Oh, if it’s with people I know then there’s no question of passing on stuff for them. If it’s a PUG I do my best to try to make sure everyone gets an equal piece of drops, when possible.

I’ve literally given away thousands of gold to my friends when they needed it. For mounts or gear I’ve found or whatever.

Make your own group with the stipulation, any one that is mad about that can not join your group and make their own. If no one is willing to group with you given the loot rules, than you know your rules are considered unreasonable. At no point is what you are doing to be considered a negative, any one harassing you is an entitled person that you can safely ignore because they are too simple minded to realize that you owe them nothing.

Make your own group and reserve it.

Usually joining groups that are already formed wont want to let somebody they arent familiar with res something, because ya know… the old warcraft code “greedisgood”

Dont worry too much, pewpew until you qq

1 Like

I think it’s a reasonable thing to ask, but also a reasonable thing to disagree. Unfortunately, what you’re more likely to get in-game are unreasonable people who disagree but lie.

1 Like

What I did was just run UBRS with 4-5 other guildies, and we just did 5-6man jed/rend + beast runs. Dropped on the 6th run, guild all passed on it for me. No pugs required. Drama free.

7 Likes