Is there still a chance to participate in the WOW classic beta?

I’ve enabled Beta notifications for WoW in my Battle. net account, and I have a retail sub. or It’s totally random ?

I’d probably recommend looking at this forum post for more info about beta invites right now: WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22

TL;DR it looks like the amount of beta invites has slowed down or possibly stopped for now, though they’ll likely reevaluate later on down the line. The dev team looks for a variety of factors on beta invites, but you do need to be opted in and have game time to be considered.

3 Likes

Yes there are still stress tests to come

3 Likes
2 Likes

i already sign up in the beta profile page. but i still didn’t receive eligibility email

You won’t receive an email when you opt into the beta test. You’ll only receive an email if you actually get access to the Classic beta.

6 Likes

I feel kind of dumb. I just re-subbed after a long break to play the classic beta and you still have to be chosen to play. Bummer.

They never said its a guaranteed you’ll get in for having a sub or just signing up for it.

3 Likes

The Official website has it set up and explains it in a way that makes it seem like if you have game time, your in the beta. I just bought time same as OP hoping to play classic based off the info given by the official website.

Where did you see that?

1 Like

The new WoW Classic addition to the website is confusing people. At a quick glance, it does kind of read like you can play now even though it says you have to wait until August.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test.

Am I missing something?

6 Likes

That’s what I found too.

The first several sentences, to me, say that Bliz will choose testers and that those choosen will need active game time to participate.

I’ve seen a couple reports about that. Agreed, the written part, taken by itself, does seem like it’s playable now. But the whole top of the page where the release date is, the global release schedule at the start of the written part, and the countdown timer at the bottom are fairly obvious.

7 Likes

People see what they want to see

4 Likes

At worldofwarcraft.com there is a Wow Classic tab up the top that leads to -

Which has -

GETTING STARTED
How do I Play World of Warcraft Classic?

Access to WoW Classic is included in and available to all players with an active World of Warcraft subscription—no additional purchase required.

Coming back from a long break? Follow the steps below and find your way into Azeroth once more.

Which , at first glance does make it kinda sound like you can access Classic right away.

But the entire page is for when Classic releases in August. The page doesn’t make it clear that right now Classic is in beta. Yes it would be inferred as the top of the page says August and it’s obviously not august.

But I can see where people could get confused.

5 Likes