Is there really a sort of hidden MMR?

My thread is actually kind of 2 subjects wrapped into one, I’ll go with the first part:

I’ve noticed that on my server (Stormrage) that when I queue for random BGs, I might win 3-4, maybe 3-5 in a row and then it always seems to put you up against a team that pushes your poop in for a few games, then I start winning again. No, I’m not imagining this because I’ve reproduced this result multiple times. Is there some sort of hidden MMR for random BGs you think? Maybe blizzard doesn’t want you to have TOO much fun by winning too many times in a row?

However, I’ve noticed this past week, seems like horde is winning a lot more than they used to, do you think it’s just that everyone has conquest gear at the end of the xpac?

I’m mainly a casual pvper. I prefer doing random BGs because you can use potions and gadgets and you can just laugh at all the silly things that happen in BGs. I find most people get very toxic in modes where rating is involved.

However, I’m probably half honor and half conquest on my gear, and I noticed even I get dropped in 2-3 hits now, so to reiterate, do you think once again that it’s just end of the xpac gearing or something? I used to win most of my matches, now I lose more than half.