Is there even PvP devs anymore? Does blizz even care?

The state of the game in pvp right now is absolutely broken…like beyond belief GAME breaking bugs.

Blizz doesnt care about our niche community, they never have, they seriously need to start applying certain buffs that say “does not apply to pvp” and we need dedicated devs that test and actually play the state of pvp

Notes:
A cast that gets interrupted still finishes and casts
:black_circle: Pump fake casts go off, including stack multiple at a time (includes abilities like aimed shot as well)
Beast master essentially had a mistake 20% single target damage buff due to missing implementation of some nerfs Phantom Pain the new Dark ranger talent when playing BM just procs forever, doing insane damage

Unclear but possible that other buffs/nerfs didn’t make it in correctly Elemental shaman is one shotting people.

Unclear if intended . Sub is one shotting.

Paladin Auto Sac talent isn’t triggering a cooldown, so its just spitting out sacs every time someone drops low. is the single worst set of bugs ever released into wow that affects pvp. Something is not happening in the pvp This balancing and testing department. QA or staging testing is completely missing. More in r/worldofpvp and here: MEGATHREAD: 11.0.5 PvP Balance?

7 Likes

As long as you keep playing WoW PvP, Blizzard will not care about WoW PvP.

3 Likes

Facts…but i mean, look at the long lost of game breaking buffs, and they even buff feral?! Wtf, im cknvinced theres no pvp devs, and if there are. They certainly dont do ANY internal testing and they all deserved to be fired

I will give you an answer, you will not like this answer, but it is the one to give…

NO

Blizzard employees do not care, have not cared in a while. They use spreadsheets and data collection to “test” the game, instead of playing it like before. If it is not on the cash shop or something that gives a payout, they do not care.

As a poster said above, if you stop playing PvP, perhaps they will care, but giving how often Blizzard implements player feed back, I doubt it. Just my 1/2 a penny’s worth.

2 Likes

Way too much truth there lol.

Op your answer is…only SoD gets pvp love. and that is only because its pvp broke down to degenerate “let them win” levels lol.

Cata feels this pain too.

Is there even PvP devs anymore? Does blizz even care?

Hard to figure out how they support AWC without supporting PvP.

1 Like

@Blizzard, there’s a rogue rotational ability that basically makes Arms’ defensive cd (Die by the Sword) useless… what are we doing?

2 Likes

Nah yall do not understand if you do not PvP.

The game is actually unplayable. Bm hunters 1 shotting due to phantom triggering 80+ times in a row.

Anyone leaving a game gives everyone else deserter.

Interrupting casts do not stop them from going off.

Sacrifice from paladins has no cd.

If you fake a spell 4x, all 4 will just go off at the same time, even if you don’t finish cast ever.

It’s legitimately so broken it feels like less than alpha. It is a comedy hour level joke.

2 Likes

Doubt there are. PvP sucks in every version of the game now and I cant get a queue to pop in retail unless I am max level. Waited over 4 hours in a BG queue on my DK and never got into the BG so I logged out. Maybe if they didnt go out of their way to buff druids in every version of the game we wouldnt have this much of a problem.

1 Like

that is is the same couple of comps over and over.

Kind of shows the issues some see in pvp. as its the same comps for a reason.

Dead last class for the season is usually dead last since snowballs in hell have a better chance of survival. So you won’t even see them in AWC.

This, this is it, the game was SOOOO close to being fine…all that was needed was some tuning to feral, frost mage and a couple outliers, but now its beyond broken

Yeah, I ahve to choose 1 month or 6 months as sub runs out in 3 days.

I lean to the 1 month. The pvp is losing luster even in the other wow.

I can touch up some of my 85’s to be MoP ready and take a break in a month.

I can run 2 main BG’s as alliance and AFK to the win. Or I can go horde…and afk to the loss. this is not quality to me lol.

Since 50 to 10 in WG or TB is not ending well for the 10 horde.

Its just as alliance I don’t make it worse farming them. they are there like I am when I do horde. Loss honor is still honor, sigh.

its gonna b ok bros
i’m releasing these comfort llamas
they’re gonna give u all dem therapies bro

:llama: :llama: :llama:

1 Like

yea wasnt MOP the last time they truely did anything with pvp lol

1 Like

Well, pick a different class? Run one of the top class/spec combinations.

BFa if you want to count seething shores. Many would like to forget it exists. I’d be among them.

I’d take Sota over that in the rotations. At least when sota is jsut that bad…its over quickly. And nathanos/shaw is not there the whole time for annoying as hell voice overs.

edit: balace wise…the more they play with the trees the more they find new wth imba issues to address.

SL had one shot shaman too.

My sub expires in about 4 hours, lack of quality was a reason not to renew.

Looks like I made the right choice, lmao.

This patch has been terrible from a balance perspective.

Unfortunately, real talk I’m pretty sure Brian Holinka was the only person who cared about pvp at Blizzard. He left a year ago right? He was previously lead pvp designer and then eventually was class design lead…

2 Likes

Venruki made a good vid on why current WoW PvP in the current state sucks. And pretty much every other version of the game too.

1 Like

Thanks brother

1 Like