Is there ANYONE who likes the new Feral sounds?

Is there anyone who prefers the new Feral sounds over what we had before BfA? To me, they are all extremely harsh, hard on my ears, and don’t bring anything to make my experience better over what we had before. I don’t understand what was wrong with the old sounds? Were people complaining about them? What was wrong with them?

I wish more people played Feral, we could probably get this fixed. As it stands, I’ll be giving up on the 7, yeah, seven of my Druids due to this change. We shouldn’t have to choose between having sounds that don’t make your ears bleed, and just turning off the sound completely.

What’s worse, they just ported these sounds over to Classic as well. There’s a massive reddit post of people asking for it to be reverted. I’ve found one person, out of over 450 that posted in that thread, saying they liked the new sounds.

Obligatory “I’m unsubbing until they fix this” Except I’m not, I’m just quitting the class I’ve enjoyed since November 2005. Rip.

13 Likes

In their defense, they do match our substandard output better than before.

12 Likes

Not a fan of the sounds, but I’m not letting it stop me from playing the class I enjoy.

Disliking a class because of their sounds seems silly to me, but to each and their own :slightly_smiling_face:.

Wish you the best on your new character either way. Grinding up new alts really sucks.

5 Likes

Substandard output? Averaging 57k across all of Heroic Ny’alotha? For the non 5 day per week Mythic raider Feral is very close to the top right now.

2 Likes

I hate the sounds. It sounds like I have fan blades and newspaper instead of claws.

I don’t like Swipe, everything else is pretty good to me right now.

1 Like

I like em :)) esp ferocious bite. Sounds like a bear trap clashing shut! Very dope

3 Likes

Brutal Slash stands out really bad and a lot of the others are just as weird.

I hope they take another look at this and revert or continue to work on the sounds.

I hate the new Brutal Slash sound

2 Likes

I don’t like the new sounds at all either, I especially hate the way Shred sounds like you’re just tearing a piece of paper in half, and a lot of the others just sound weird or really weak. But, I’ve gotten more used to them at this point and can mostly just tune them out now. I would much prefer the old sounds back, but the new ones aren’t enough for me to stop playing as Feral.

My bear sounds like he is endlessly and furiously tearing pieces of paper, yet I need that sound on to keep the timing clear of my GCDs for swipe relative to other abilities.

1 Like

It sounds horrible. I’ve made other similar posts about this same topic.

Not only are the sound effects very quiet to the point it makes you unsure if you’ve even used the ability but when you do hear it it sounds like a swoosh or someone gently poking a wet plastic bag.

I hate it and i’ve given it some time for me to adjust to the changes but i just can’t. The wet bag sound doesn’t bother me as much (but believe me it bothers me) as simply not being able to hear my ability go off, and i always wear headphones too.

Idk what to do, I don’t think anything will come of it so I guess I’ll just make growl sounds myself until someone comes up with a better idea.

5 Likes

The Bear swipe is the most hilariously bad sound effect in the game.

1 Like

How are you pulling that dps with a 399 ilvl?

3 Likes

I miss the old sounds…the ones that made you sound like a firece sabercat…these new ones dont give the same alarming vibe.

1 Like

Rake sounds like an exploding Zerg building. I like it

They are so bad. I just scratch my head… WHY

Why would they even change them in the first place??? I feel like there are other minor things that the players have pointed out could use improvement and then they just do this awful sound thing that nobody asked for and they actually made the game worse for no reason.

2 Likes

The new ferocious bite is literally the worst thing ever… do you even play with sound or what?

They are the literal worst possible changes blizz could ever make. The only random few people you see saying they like it are either 12 year old kids or just undercover blizz employees that come through these forums rarely.

I have made at least 5 posts about this, any many agree of course, but we are the least played class and especially spec so we will never in a million years get a real blizz employee to take this seriously.

THe sounds are horrible, beyond bad, just the worst crap you could think of. Wet farting sound? ripping a paper sound? There is one sounding like a fat guy shoving a cheetoh up his but. Ferocious bite like like you are stepping and squishing a freggin toad. THe sounds are SO BAD it actually hilarious.

We SERIOUSLY need to somehow get blizz attention on this crud, ASAP cause we all know they do NOT care about feral at all.

3 Likes

So if someone doesn’t agree with you, they work for blizz…got it. Yup, not even bothering to read this guys posts anymore.

Feral is criminally under represented, and I assure you that was well before the sound changes. To hell with the sounds. The problem is the spec is not inviting for new players, mistakes are punishing, our utility is lackluster and much of it requires taking a major dip in dps since for whatever reason our primary dps is NOT our bleeds, we have no utility that makes us worth taking over any other melee class.

But yes. The sound is poopy.

6 Likes