Is there any point in Feral Thrash in WWI?

Thrash damage is low, the only reason why i took it was it increased Ferocious Bite damage through the “Taste for Blood” talent. Now the “Taste for Blood” talent has been reworked to just give a flat 15% Ferocious Bite damage increase. so, is it worth using a talent point to get Thrash? Especially since energy regeneration is going to be slower, wasting 40 energy on such low damage seems like a bad idea.

Proc Bloodtalons
Still a DPS gain in AoE over Shred at X amount of targets
I forget if the Bleed has play with wildstalker hero talents or not

1 Like

only rip and rake can proc the wildstalker bleed.
As for bloodtalons, i was wondering with brutal slash, shred, rake, and moonfire ( since our master increases all dot damage now it might be go at only 30 energy use ) if that would be enough to get bloodtalons to proc.

With the change to Predator and lining up our Bleeds with TF windows, you’re not going to be wanting to overwrite rake, and BrS a lot of times is on recharge (even more so now that we want to fit as many as we can inside that buff window)

There are still times when thrash is more damage on its own than shred. So unless you’re able to cut both out of the rotation, thrash is still going to have use.

Thrash is more than double the damage of a Shred in S3 stats, and that’s purely on 1 target, where Thrash is also completely uncapped in AOE.

It’s also about 40% more damage total than a Brutal Slash, though ofc costs more energy, but can be consumed with clearcasting.

Thrash dmg good and highly efficient, it being bad is somewhat of an old myth from before it was buffed several times this xpac.

They largely just swapped around how this works, as Sabertooth now amplifies all DOTs. This means Biting buffs Thrash, rather than Thrash buffing Bites, which overall is generally a better system.

Plus there’s Bloodtalons to consider, and even just Rip/Rake being our only DOTs being dull for gameplay in general.

I can kind of understand it not being that exciting, but I think it should feel better with slower gameplay in the context of having a plate to spin.

1 Like