Is there an add-on or macro to turn sound on and off?

When I’m playing the game sometimes I like to temporarily turn the sound off for a bit. On my current system (iMac) with a generic wireless keyboard, the sound on/off isn’t working. So I wonder if there is a macro or add-on that will let me easily toggle game sound on/off?

Ask in the UI and Macro forum.

On PC: CTRL+S and CTRL+M enable/disable sound and music, so I’d assume there are similar binds for MAC. Don’t know if the master on/off toggle is exposed to macros and addons though.

If you want those binds in a macro, it would be:

/run Sound_ToggleSound();
/run Sound_ToggleMusic();

Keep in mind, that it will simply flip-flop whatever settings you have, so if you already had sound 0 music 1, then they would switch to sound 1 music 0. If they were both 1, then then both turn off together and then back on together when run again.

3 Likes

Ctrl+S mutes all sounds on the Windows client.
Ctrl+M mutes the music.

Check your keybind menu or ask in #support:mac-technical-support :slight_smile:

1 Like
/run local Muted = not C_CVar.GetCVarBool("Sound_EnableAllSound") C_CVar.SetCVar("Sound_EnableAllSound", Muted and 1 or 0)
2 Likes

If you want a more generic toggle you can slap anything into that also provides text feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.