Is there an actual date yet

Yea because story wise it made more sense (according to blizzard) they matched them up with KT’s and because KT’s took way more development time it delayed Z trolls even further.

At the time of BlizzCon '17 KTs weren’t going to be an allied race at all, that’s why Zandalari were originally advertised for BfA launch.

1 Like

Maybe. But those are second violin to actual functionability. I’d rather have a race works and doesn’t bug clip and what not.

Balance can all be hotfixed after the fact without requiring a client update. Art/animation don’t have that luxury.

Nothing in the current story makes sense. It might be convenient that they join at the same time, but the Zandalari joining earlier would have made more sense than some character saying to themselves, “Hey, what about those guys from an alternate timeline?”

7 Likes

Yes I agree I think I saw a post about a regeneratin nerf not coming in the next ptr build but the one after all I can think is “Really? Two more ptr builds before this patch is even in the background downloader”… Like if someone told me back in NOV 2017 “yea you wont see that race till like late MAR 2019 at the soonest” I’d have thought they were insane.

7 Likes

Yep, in what world were the Zandalari not allies after defending their king from an assassination plot and dealing with G’huun? DH’s were brought into the horde and alliance at the start of the expansion, they had their leader killed by both factions and were imprisoned for 10 years by the wardens…

4 Likes

Tell you what.

We’re going to take Gift of the Naru, cut the cooldown in half, and have it hit the target with a heal equal to 75% of the target’s health (we’ll chalk up the 25% lower healing as the price for being able to cast it on someone else) over 6 seconds and have it break on damage.

Would you say that’s a bit on the strong side for a racial ability?

1 Like

I wasn’t making an argument for Regeneratin’ as it is. I wasn’t even making an argument for it at all… i was replying about racials in another context, had you bothered to read it at all.

I don’t care if GoN gets a buff, or Regeneratin’ gets another nerf. Racials shouldn’t affect combat situations, not now, not since Day 1. Their flavor should be purely a storytelling feature, not something that needs to be balanced (and 14 yrs later poorly done so at that).

1 Like

Well, I disagree with you here too.

I think that they should. I just think that the current form that they take is outmoded and inefficient for balancing.

Right after or before flying comes out… since no one cares enough to tell the paying customer anything… it my be at the start to the next xpac… for both

1 Like

i would like an actual date. … I may not have read beyond the thread title.

/thread

Not sure why blues don’t just close these after responding when it’s just a simple question that is answered.

oh! content update.

Finally? Yes?? So…April DMF?

/bounce

2 Likes

Thank you for this, Blazen. I knew it was somewhere just didn’t know where.

False advertisement in my opinion. We should riot for Zandalari… kidding! :slight_smile:

But really, it would be very, very nice if I can make my Zandalari Paladin sooner rather than later.

In other words: “Soon™”.

2 Likes

It shall happen in the hour after 12 and on a day that ends in Y.

2 Likes

Soon is such a great word. It doesn’t mean anything but could be interpreted as so much.

1 Like

Imagine if people learned to argue effectively, beyond their limited Whatabotisam tactics.

Imagine if BFA had Zandalari and Kultirans upon release! What a swell launch that would’ve been /moo

1 Like