Is there a website that shows an accurate server population?

Still thinking about a server transfer for my characters.

Accurate…no.

But there are websites that show estimates based on achieve, M+ scores, etc

And another.

1 Like

Thank you.

wowprogress is the closest thing we have at the moment. The numbers aren’t exact but they’re a pretty good representation of the server population. Saying this as someone who transfers servers pretty often.

.www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Raider .io seems accurate. They actually use API data.

I can assure you MG is 90% alliance and 10% horde.

But w/e, I’m PvE. And I have lots of elixirs

But that only pulls from people who run that content. So some servers will be way off. Like smaller RP servers. We’re small, but we ain’t that dead. LOL

1 Like

There are no external data that is accurate on WoW numbers.

Stormrage is still high pop for Alliance if you want to xfer for a bigger community.

wowprogress is terrible though.
If you don’t raid, you don’t get counted on that site.
Plus they can only pull data once a month.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I want an active ally server so i can raid and run m+ easily on my characters.

Stormrage for Alliance & Area 52 for Horde are the largest servers by a longshot and would be safe choices.

Ideally though, if you want to raid high-end/competetively you should look for a guild before server transfering.

There is no reason to waste money on a server transfer unless you explicitly want to do mythic raiding and at a top 100 pace. For anything else, cross realm grouping is a thing and more than good enough. Bigger servers also are inherently more riskier when it comes to major patches and expansion releases with fighting the login boss (again take that for what it is worth).

Also you really should consider holding off too until more details about the bulk transfer is known. I imagine that is something they’ll do post holidays or maybe even closer to the 9.2 patch (and even for the next expansion). Unless you are loaded or happen to play very few toons, that can be a good amount of savings.

This is mostly true…but there is also a significant difference in economies on high pop vs low pop servers.

So even if you plan on only normal/heroic raiding you could save hundreds to thousands of gold a week on expendables

That’s the idea… too bad the names I want are already taken.