Is there a way to "Will" an account to someone else?

I’m currently in Home Hospice care due to several conditions I don’t know how much time I have left but I’ve been getting my affairs in order. I’ve a questions, One of which I’ve realized will never happen and accepted it (being Beta invite) but the other I was wondering is there a way to “Will” an account to someone like a family member in the event of my passing?

1 Like

Not exactly… But a family member can use the death certificate to gain access to your account.

1 Like

First of all, I wish you the best of health my friend. I would recommend a contact to CS might be in order to get this sorted. I believe that the policy states an account may only be used by the primary member and a minor child, but potentially an exception could be made here. Someone else will likely chime in soon with better information.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe you can do this through Blizzard. A ticket about this issue doesn’t hurt, as they might be able to put a note on the account.

But I think the best way is to just leave it in your actual will. Specify who gets access to your WoW account. That person can then send your death certificate in a ticket and Blizzard can go from there. They could also upload a copy of the Will to show that you wanted them to have it.

It sucks to hear you’re in poor health, but it’s good to take care of this in advance, if you can. Be well. :heart:

5 Likes

A family member can claim an account belonging to a deceased family member.

In your legal documents, specify who you want to access the account.

Provide the login info to the person you are willing it to. They can then contact Blizzard with the legal documents, including the death certificate, to have it put in their own name.

8 Likes

Thank you Mirasol, you’ve been a great help this last few weeks on a few of the things I’ve dealt with on here, hope things go well for you going forward and still crossing my fingers things work out for me to be able to experience DF before I pass, Hopefully someone up the chain will see and help but at this point I can only hope.

Thank you again

6 Likes

Did you see the key giveaway info?

There will likely be giveaways on Wowhead and similar too.

3 Likes

Yeah but to tell you the truth my energy levels are so low and getting worse I don’t have the energy to wade through them all there are a lot of them, and I’ve already spun my wheels for a weeks and gotten nowhere, I just don’t have the strength to keep trying anymore sadly. Short of someone taking “pitty” on me or something akin to that I believe I’ve gone as far as I can in trying to get a key. I’m also pretty sure most of them will likely pick people that have followed them for a long time and none of them are ones I’ve followed at all.

Again thank you for what help you could give and thank everyone who has shown support from harting my posts… but I can’t continue to supply energy to something that isn’t going to happen, and really feel like after supporting Blizzard since 2005 that really it and I mean nothing just a faceless number supplying oil for the machine.

I think I’m going to be leaving the community after this I just can’t take the heartbreak of getting nowhere anymore.

4 Likes