Is there a Profession that can open locksboxes in SL?

Hello. As the title says, I am wondering if there is a Shadowlands profession that can open lockboxes.

I know in BfA, inscription could. And previously, Jewelcrafters and Blacksmiths could craft something to open them. In BfA it was easy to just make a little used Alt pick up Inscription and send my lockboxes to him, until I leveled my Rogue. I probably wont be leveling my Rogue for a while, so I would like to have an Alt do the Profession if there is one.

1 Like

Scribes once again have unlocking tools.

2 Likes

Oh thank you! The boxes have been building up.

1 Like

Blacksmiths can also open lockboxes.

2 Likes

or, you know, you could ask your friendly neighborhood rogue

2 Likes

you can also get keys when fishing

2 Likes

still need blacksmith to use them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, all.

I had an Alt go through the Maw and take up Inscription, and they can unlock lvl 60 boxes for me while being 51 or so. Which opens boxes for me until my Rogue gets leveled.

I see that a Blacksmith can open their own? Good for Blacksmiths but it is non transferable, so to speak.

A skilled Fisher could open their own. Good to know.

Again, thanks for the replies. It has been a boon.

1 Like

also blacksmithing can make keys to unlock them.

1 Like

Keys? Where? How? Max fishing with all buffs and only at 1% drop?

You still have to be bs to open though.

1 Like

But you still need to be a blacksmith to use the key.

i wish engineers could still do it

Necrolords have a soulbind perk which allows you to pick a lock every 12 hours, cooldown significantly reduced by using fleshcraft.

Necro lords can open max level boxes using soul bind key ring. I have been doing this to open all mine

Edit Ariesmet already stated this missed it sorry

I do miss me some modern seaforium charges.

2 Likes

You and me both.

Engineering has a decided lack of blowing things up this expansion.

For blacksmith to open them, do they or their blacksmith level have to be maxed? Though thanks for the necrolord and inscription info, lol inscriptionist is necrolorf that I am leveling.

The Laestrite Skeleton key only requires 1 Shadowlands Blacksmithing skill and at least level 51 to use.

1 Like

You’re all very helpful, but along the way you’ve skipped a basic question:

Must such a Blacksmith be maximum (nerfed) level to open the SL, lvl 60, lockboxes"?

I have developed a Blacksmith and very soon this char. will be able to craft the Monelite Skeleton Key and open lvl 50 and lower boxes. Are there any future BS skills to permit opening up lvl 60 (SL content) lockboxes? I’m sure trainers for such are inside cities which I haven’t heard of yet, because I haven’t paid my $40 or $60 bux for Shadow, and am capped at level 50.