Is there a point in leveling a Prof. in Legion?

Hello, came back after a long hiatus and just curious how the professions work now. Before, i was able to jump back in and level up my blacksmithing and use it for my other alts, it doesnt seem that way now. In fact, the blacksmithing in legion only has item lvl 40-50 when everything now has changed with DF. Is it pointless for me to lvl up blacksmithing in legion, if my sole purpose is to use it for alts? I use to use all professions to make gear for all my toons, is that gone now? Cant quite figure out the system.

Crafting for alts is very useful in DF, but it’s hit and miss leveling.

Mostly you blow through the levels too fast for anything you can make to be worth the effort.

Unless you like the transmogs or completing a profession for its own sake, I wouldn’t bother. The cost of making things is higher than the stuff is worth for no longer than you’ll be using it.

1 Like

Some Engineering quality-of-life doohickeys are nice, like the Wormhole toy to quickly get to Argus from other zones.

Except everyone gets a Dalaran Hearthstone, and the normal Argus transport is only 20 yards away from where that lands you, so the wormhole toy is less necessary.

Hmmm… yeah, unless you’re a competitionist (either for professions or for mogs, toys, pets, etc.), it doesn’t seem to be a beneficial choice.

1 Like

Thanks for replies, yeah i only wanted to upgrade blacksmithing to make items for my lower level characters but im making demonsteel bracers right now and the item lvl is 55? Why wouldnt they atleast make the gear to scale with the current item level system?

1 Like

You should have recipes at the top called “Relic Of The Past I”, “Relic Of The Past II”, etc… those let you change the item level of the item you craft up or down to make them more useful for alts.

ok, ill look again, i saw those but it looked like it was only for the rings, ill double check. thanks for reply.

The only reason you might want to craft in Legion is for transmogs. No gear will be worthwhile and even the potions and enchants are gimped to the point of being worthless. You are better off gathering, selling mats, and buying anything you need.