Is there a Mod That tells me who messed up in a dungeon?

Last night in a Mythic we wiped so many times because someone could not get the mechanics down. It was a boss where some balls come out and u have to dodge them but a certain person kept getting hit and denying it. I want to know if there is a mod that will announce in chat who got hit or who stood in something they should not have?

I think it’s Elitism Helper or something. I’ve seen it a couple times.

1 Like

It’s elitism helper. Even posts and fail leader board at the end.

How big were the balls? I’m not sure which on you’re talking about.

Elitism helper is great for learning avoidable damage in dungeons, but take it with a grain of salt. I can think of quite a few scenarios where taking damage is actually beneficial, and it will still report with elitism helper even though it was the right move.

1 Like

It announces when someone takes damage over a configurable threshold or when someone gets hit with a debuff from a given list.

Using this Addon and GTFO together definitely makes a difference in damage taken for a dungeon.

1 Like

There’s still scenarios where taking that damage over the threshold is the right move. I know how it works and I also know that the damage reported at the end of the dungeon doesn’t tell the whole story.

Even in that scenario, though, calling it out can be beneficial communication. “Hey, my [butt] is on fire, help me out here!”

For example. In freehold, I’m ALWAYS going to be #1 on the “failure damage” chart because I’m staying in on throthak’s sharknado thing and leeching through the damage. My healer knows that this is going to happen and throws a single hot on me, but EH still reports I took an absolute insane amount of “failure damage” even though staying in the tornado and bursting in demonic windows is the right move.

That’s my only point. It doesn’t tell the whole story. It can be useful if you use it correctly and take the reports with a grain of salt.

Lord Stormsong i bet.

Elitism helper is good yeah but it wont always take count of all the avoidable damage if a portion is absorb or if blessing of sacrifice is on the target. At the end of the run it annouce who took most and less and thats why its not 100% accurate. As a healer, I mostly know who took the most and looking at number at the end of run made me wonder. If you run it, please dont make it that it announce everytime someone take damage they shouldnt, quite annoying in party chat.

I’m thinking the 3rd boss in underrot

Who’s typing stuff out during a pull anyway? Besides, the best strategy to keep it from spamming is to simply avoid more stuff.

Its not about typing during a pull lol. There is enough stuff going on while healing that I don’t need more spam in the chat window. Can be a distraction. But you have a fair point, dodge more is always a good strat :slight_smile:

Yeah I can’t tell from OP whether the balls in question were Stormsong or Sporecaller – and one of those you’re supposed to hit the balls at a certain time. Hell even with Sporecaller EH might yell at you for popping outlying shrooms on purpose.

I’ve never seen it scream at me and I consistently grab several every time I have a cleanse up.

Yeah I’ve never used it so I dunno.