Is there a map 'mark' addon?

something you can put a permanent marker anyplace on the game map ?
multiple markers…not like the in game feature we have now.
thx

1 Like

You can Ctrl Click your map to put a marker on a map and then shift-click it to share that marker in chat (so they can click it and know where you marked).

Or if you want something less social and more for like marking treasures with an arrow that directs you to your mark or whatever, TomTom is probably what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

yeah…not social…i just have a crap memory where things are at, lol.
tomtom…thanks…i’ll check that out :+1::+1:

1 Like

If you’re looking for things that you have to collect multiple times (like the Korthia rift chests), check out HandyNotes.

Just make sure you download the necessary plug-in for whatever it is you wanna collect.

2 Likes

TomTom?

Omg, thank you! I thought I was the only one. Good luck!

1 Like

Another vote for Handynotes. It gives you different icon types for different location types, and you can hover over many of them to see information (how to open chests with special locks, how to summon certain rares, and so on).

TomTom is great for setting waypoints on the map. The built-in waypoint function is, I believe, limited to a single waypoint, but with TomTom you can CTRL-right-click on the map to set a waypoint and can set as many as you want. You can also control whether those waypoints are removed once you get near them, or remain indefinitely. You can additionally apply labels to waypoints and see them when hovering over their circles.

I think many people run both Handynotes and TomTom. I do.

1 Like

Handynotes let’s you add markers to the map. You don’t need any of the many additional addons floating around you can add all your own marks that will persist for as long as you have the wtf data saved.

3 Likes

handynotes is probably better for what I think you are going for here, since tomtom markers disappear if you walk over them.

handynotes markers persist.

1 Like

search map addon’s on something like curse and try some until you get the interface ya want.

I finally added a circle cursor to my weak aura and it makes picking out a in combat mob so much better for me.

The only thing I find is some addon’s are memory hogs and can lag some weaker systems when they are running.

1 Like

ah…yeah, i see what youre saying…the dot does disappear if i fly over it.
Tried handynote, seems to be permanent.
thx everyone!