Is there a macro that lets you unlock debuffs and buffs

So I can move them? I’m specifically looking to move the debuffs on myself because the default UI places them all the way in the right hand corner of my screen instead of on my portrait.

I’m tired of depending on addons that don’t always update. I tried two of them and both didn’t update since around January and were causing other issues that were even more annoying.

Things like this should be part of the basic UI. I’m not asking for bells and whistles, but if you guys can’t spend a few days upgrading your crappy default user interface you deserve a really hard kick to the shin with steel toed boots until a scab forms.

It’s really difficult to take seriously a complaint from someone with a name that’s a clear reference to an engorged male member and threatens violence against Blizzard staff, but I’ll give it a shot.

The default UI is, indeed, punitively poorly designed in several aspects.

There are, for instance, 120 pre-defined action slots, but only 60 pre-defined buttons to put them in which causes all sorts of issues with button-happy classes and more-or-less requires third-party addons to manage and the presentation of tactical information is just abysmal in the default UI.

Any “macro” that did this would be Lua code - an addon without the benefit that an actual addon gives you (persistence between sessions, automatic execution, etc.).

If you’re having trouble with UI mods that aren’t being updated you’re not looking at the right UI mods.

Among the better ones, I generally recommend ElvUI, which does specifically allow for placement of personal buffs and debuffs anywhere on the screen.

It’s got a fairly steep learning curve but that’s pretty simple to get around if you simply turn OFF all of the features in it except what you want to modify and only turn them back on as you decide to add them to the list of modded features.

Feel free to reach out to me in-game if you need help with it.

Kaldara#11970

1 Like