Is there a macro for dismounting and stealthing in Classic?

Title is the question, basically. I’ve got myself a mount in Classic, and I’m super hyped about it.

But obviously, you can’t do anything while mounted in Classic, like stealthing or attacking. You have to dismount first.

I tried making a dismount/stealth macro that looked like this:

#showtooltip Stealth
/dismount
/cast Stealth

And while it did dismount me, it apparently didn’t register the dismount soon enough to then cast Stealth. Every time I used it, it would dismount me and then say “You can’t do that while Mounted” on my screen.

So is there a macro for dismounting and stealthing as a Classic Rogue?

2 Likes

Pressing your Stealth key should automatically dismount you, as does most other actions. I’ve been doing this for many years.

1 Like

Not in Classic my dude!

14 Likes

I came to this post for the same answer…hoping to find on out like you Beckett.

1 Like

/dismount
/cast Stealth

Seems basic but that should do it. I remember it working back on my mage in TBC for frost nova.

Edit: just saw this didn’t work for you, maybe just have the dismount macro and manually enter stealth?

1 Like

Yeah, having it be a two button combo might just be the best option available unfortunately.

Can’t you just leave it as it is for now and just hit the button twice? If you’re already dismounted it should skip the dismount part and just cast stealth. A 1 button click would be nice to find even though it’ll be a little while yet before I need it.

Just mash the macro repeatedly, and put a ! infront of stealth so that it doesn’t try to cancel it (/cast !stealth). There’s probably a GCD triggering that prevents this all from being one action and requiring 2 presses.

2 Likes

Same here, Macro i use:
#showtooltip stealth
/dismount
/cast !stealth

2 Likes

I don’t know the exact specifics as to why that doesn’t work, but it has to do with when you press that macro, it does both actions at the same time. It isn’t a cast sequence. Because there is no delay in the unmount and the stealth command, you have to press the keybind twice.

In leatrix plus addon (the classic version) there’s a setting for dismount mount on everything. Still has the delay, but with that setting on any ability will dismount for you.

Even talking to flightpaths/mounting up etc.

1 Like

Get the addon “LetMeCast” it will dismount you when you try to cast while mounted, should work for stealth.

It also automatically stand you up if you try to cast while seated.

6 Likes

I use

#showtooltip Stealth
/cancelaura Brown Ram
/cast Stealth

This requires you to press the button twice.
Replace “Brown Ram” with your mount’s name.

Due to how my buttons / action bars are…once in stealth the macro button is no longer there (stealth bar) so I dont have to worry about the macro canceling stealth by hitting too many times.

I also duplicated this for use with Vanish and Blind.

1 Like

There’s an addon you can get right on Twitch called Dismounter. Basically makes any spell/ability dismount you. So I just hit keybound stealth twice.

Edit: LetMeCast mentioned above seems a little better. This one doesn’t stand you up, only works with mounts.

Hey Beckett! I just got my mount and was trying to figure out the same thing. I am using the same macro as you;

#showtooltip
/dismount
/cast !Stealth

and the only thing I can do atm is just mash it. I will let you know if I figure anything else out.

Edit: I just noticed this thread has been inactive for 18 days. I was google trying to figure this macro out lol. Maybe someone has figured it out by now?

Edit 2: Found this addon. Gonna test it out. curseforge. com/wow/addons/letmecast

Use this macro, it stealth’s you if dismounted and unstealthed, dismounts you and stealth’s with two presses and unstealth’s you when pressed in stealth.

#showtooltip Stealth
/cancelaura Stealth
/dismount
/cast Stealth

1 Like

Dismounting causes a hidden GCD.
Which is why these dont work in one click.

/dismount
/cast stealth

click it twice.

Get the dismounter addon. No macro needed.

#showtooltip Stealth
/dismount
/cast [nostealth] Stealth

Works fine

1 Like