Is there a good recording app for arena?

Recordings take up too much space on my hard drive. What can I use to record games on a cloud, so that I can watch my gameplay? I want to take my gaming to the next level, so I can finally get glad :facepunch:

Having them record a few games is actually a pretty good idea.

Uhhh, Warcraft recorder or just something like OBS and delete old recordings.

2 Likes

Suck when they play off stream huh

Mfw it wants cloud storage of “its” gladiator games so it can link people “its” recordings as evidence of a legitimate glad.

P sure wow arena logs is good.

Squad ov was the best, but it got bought out and dismantled

OBS will stream to an unlisted/private video on your YouTube account…

2 Likes

Seconded to what Hirav has said, I use OBS to record games every now and then (although I never watch them back, just record funny matches or when the guys are saying something hilarious).

1 Like

Warcraft recorder is nice. It takes the combat log and starts/stops OBS when the arena starts and stops and logs recording with the metadata of win/loss, map, and time.

2 Likes

just make a throw away twitch for storage and stream with OBS

vods stay for a week you can do review or clip farm and just dl the stuff that matters to you for space

Minor correction. they stay for 30 days.

Which is way lower than the days you’ve dodged me.

stream on twitch and watch the vod on ur channel.

Does streaming use a lot of CPU?

Warcraft Recorder has a cloud feature as of a couple of months ago iirc, it’s easily the most feature rich way to record your own stuff.

That being said, a throwaway twitch channel is the easiest to set up; however, searching through the vod for specific games is way more cumbersome.

1 Like

do you need a specific partnership or something for that?

because on every throwaway account i make it’s capped at 7 (it was 21 or 14 like 2 expansions ago for the throwaways tho if maybe thats what you’re talking about)

Shadowplay/ReLive - Set 20 minute max length @ 1080p 60 FPS since most matches wont go past 10-12 minutes usually. Upload clip to YouTube on Private and re-watch and learn as much as you want. Delete stored clip on HDD after if you want since it’ll stay on YT as long as you want it to.

Could also do the OBS to Twitch but I find it to be tedious for the result I need.

This is what I do even at 2200+. There’s always something to learn.

I’m in the corner with YouTube, videos remain uploaded forever. I only have unlisted videos, there are videos there from more than 6 months ago.

If you verify a phone number, you can upload videos longer than 15 minutes, up to 12 hours.

OBS will also broadcast to YouTube, it’s a similar process as uploading a file directly.

Not as far as I can see, I just did a test. I have an i7 the biggest % I saw was 0.4% , so YMMV…

1 Like

Using nvenc to have the gpu encode, no. Using h.264 cpu encoding, yes.

Calm down.

:grey_question:

Fraps

1 Like