Is the Talent Cold Blood ever viable? (Outlaw)

I feel like having this not have cooldown reduction from Relentless Blades is a missed opportunity.

On one hand I feel like it’d go perfectly in hand with BTE’s x4 crit damage but also a bit of a pain since it’d be yet another button to press frequently. (Unless it became a passive proc that was ready whenever you had full combo points and automatically applied to your next combo point spender. Idk, I’m not a dev. :woman_shrugging:

How would you rework the talent? (If it even needs reworked, idk I never see it chosen in it’s current state so far. Maybe it’s fine as it is?)

Its missing value is because outlaw naturally has 60-70% crit rate devaluing a “guaranteed crit” quite substantially.

As outlaw does not have a singular “hard hitting ability we use every X time period” it would miss the mark even if it was viable, you’d simply macro it into BtE or dispatch so its consumed passively on CD and never pay attention to it. Thats what we did in s1 when it could be taken for a 0.3% dps boost (most still didnt bother).

Realistically to rework it to be more viable id make it so it scales crit damage based on your crit chance as well, but personally I dont really care if the buttons ever viable because its just not an interesting ability for outlaw since you have no singular hard hitting spells to use it on (assassination is kinda in the same boat).

2 Likes

Personally I think Cold Blood should be moved to the Subtle tree. Secrete Techniques is the only talent that really has any synergy with Cold Blood. There are better places to use the talent points.

2 Likes

The PVP version of Cold Blood was awesome.

They nerfed it to the ground by moving that into the Rogue general tree.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

What did that version do if you don’t mind me asking? That was before my time sadly.

I will say I wish Assassination would make use of cold blood.

1 Like

When CB is activated it causes your next Cheap Shot or Shadow Strike to deal 10% of the targets total health as Shadow damage.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

Imagine chunking 10% of a boss HP in one shot, we would be gods :joy:

1 Like