Is the renown catch up system not working

I’m not sure what’s going on but I did all six bosses in LFR, I did some covenant sanctum callings and not a single emblem of renown. I’m on level 16. I can’t figure out why I’m not getting catch up emblems after doing the content blizzard said to do in order to get caught up.

Edit 1

Thank you all for the feed back. It seems like I’m not the only one having an issue. This is the link I found from the official battle.net support page:

It states “If you miss a week or do not reach your level cap for the week, there are catch-up systems in place that will allow you to get caught up. You can earn additional Renown through max level gameplay, Dungeons, Raids, PvP, and Callings (the new Emissary Quests), until you reach the current Renown cap.”

It’s pretty straight forward. There’s nothing in there about being at a certain covenant progress point in order to get renown emblems for catching up. Also if they are locked behind some RNG nonsense that’s just terrible. Why does everything have to be gated behind that garbage? It makes catching up take to long to the point I don’t even feel like it’s worth it. It’s so frustrating.

12 Likes

Now that you mention it the last few weeks I was getting them left right and center, this week am around your lvl and I don’t think I’ve gotten one

2 Likes

Am stuck at renown 7 on my DH, and havnt handed in my souls/anima quest.

And also not getting any on my mage

1 Like

I have the same problem at renown 16. Did an LFR wing, about 5 random heroics, 1 mythic+, won 3 Bags. No drops. Recent callings didn’t give any either. I read somewhere that there was a soft cap? That you are supposed to do all the “catch-up” random emblem drops before finishing the weekly quests (1000 anima, maw souls), otherwise you will hit a soft cap and be unable to progress. Don’t know if it’s true.

5 Likes

On my first alt, I got them at every turn. Basically all the content they stated would get me caught up, did so very quickly. On my second alt the drop rate was much slower. I’m now on my third alt and emblems of renown no longer seem to exist.

They have obviously done a ninja nerf to the drop rate on emblems of renown.

9 Likes

Yeah I read about people getting renown through various activities and I’ve got none on my alt so far. It’s renown 12 I believe? I probably missed something, looking into it later got more anima farming to do /sigh

1 Like

Just think of accumulating renown as a long quest chain. There are many (maybe deliberately) non-obvious requirements needed to progress to the next step to keep you from completing the quest chain too easily.

1 Like

Do heroic dungeons and unlock anima stuff at least rank 1.

Make sure you also do the campaign covenant quests if one becomes available. At two points I recall having to do the current quests available and the reward was an extra renown increase.

Also as Mal you have to do the Emeni quest to unlock her as a soul bind which is not marked as a campaign quest.

4 Likes

I agree with Oramis. I finally got caught up this week on my alt, and all my reknown came from my covenant campaign.

Definitely feels like if you do the weeklies, the game thinks you’re caught up and freezes your chance to get more.

Like… can this get fixed already?

3 Likes

Yeah Agreed there is something going on here. But I haven’t gotten a single emblem in at least two weeks from dungeons.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting them at random intervals on my alt Shammy. Some from heroic, some M0, some M+. Maybe you got the rng shaft.

2 Likes

So just increase the chance of them dropping to like 80%.

There’s already a hard cap, why put it behind both RNG AND a time gate?

1 Like

I’m stuck at 15, haven’t seen any catchup for a week or so.

1 Like

my alt is stuck at 19

2 Likes

I’m guessing (could be wrong) that you need to do some campaign quests in order to get more renown. Let’s say you’re at level 5 now and have 8 campaign quests you haven’t done. That would put you past the current cap of 21 (each campaign quests gives 1) so you can’t get renown from any source other than campaign.

1 Like

I am having a similar issue. I switched last week from Kyrian to Night fae. I was able to reach renown 7 before hitting some type of cap or wall. I have not received any emblems for several days, despite completing max level gameplay (Dungeons, Raids, PvP, and Callings). I completed the weekly souls and anima quests to unlock the next campaign quest. I waited until reset today. I received the two weekly quests again (did not complete yet) but so far haven’t seen anything with the potential reward of renown. I am not sure what else to do at this point.

Same here, I did the WQ today and got one from him.

I’m having a similar issue, I swapped to a new covenant and have stalled out at renown 9 with no way of getting more it seems callings are giving it to me and I’m going to assume dungeons and such won’t either.