Is the reason for 8 hour maintenance today...?

Because they are shifting from their own in house data center to an actual Microsoft data center? Is this big 8 hour window part of a huge shift in the way the game network is managed and is this all going to end up way better for the customer?

It’s to get servers ready for MoP remix release next week.

9 Likes

Their own in house data center - is now - a Microsoft data center.

6 Likes

Nope it’s usually a few hours on a patch day or a bigger patch day

Let the conspiracies fly

4 Likes

Tuesday strikes again, the crits one shot.

Why, to generate angst and despair amongst the player base, of course.

2 Likes

Actually they are putting all data servers in Antarctica, something about keep the cooler

4 Likes

I want my refund for the the time lost!!! Someone point me to the manager :woman_elf:

3 Likes

The server maintenance is obviously to divert power into their cloud-seeding tech to manipulate the public into believing “global warming” is real — So the lizard people (who also own Microsoft-Blizzard) can continue furthering their technology of warming the planet through their own means to adjust the climate to warmer conditions - and ultimately free their prophesised lord ‘Godzilla’ from its frozen prison: Antarctica, so they may reign supreme once more (as when dinosaurs roamed the lands).

… That is, if the aliens who overtook Area-51 don’t redirect it to their space-station so the UFOs can continue their transportation routes for their own ambitions of cause.

:dracthyr_nod: Naturally the Nephilim are working tirelessly to stop them in the good lord’s name & the servers should eventually be back up. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s patch day…

Was also wondering this :thinking:

Normally the projected time that the servers come up is a few hours earlier than this. The only thing they are adding are some quests and cutscenes with Dark Heart, but nothing major.

My only guess is they are patching in the stuff for MoP remix and other stuff. Or moving their servers like others have said. Now I have to wait 6 hours now to play which is not typical.

Might have to even go outside :scream:

2 Likes

I heard the patch is really long today because they’re adding player housing. That one small house in the tree in Amaridiarmairsmdisistmisdsill is where you’re going to be able to zone into it. They’re going to let us farm for furniture from +10s and each boss will drop a trophy you can hang on your wall. Tailors will be able to make carpets and they’re adding the Woodworking profession so we can make our own floors. It’s going to be the game’s first 3rd profession.

Also playable Murlocs.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, get them ready to break…because I fully expect things to be broken. The bots they have doing maintenance these days aren’t fully trained yet and probably never will be.

Just got extended until midnight PST.

Ugh, maintenance threads are so god damn annoying.

Who cares what the damn reason is???

The point is to make sure the game runs smoothly. Christ

It’s so blizzard can weed out massive complainers so they will make changes to those peoples accounts that promote bad RNG and make sure that you don’t get the items you need or want.

2 Likes

No don’t do it, its a mad house out there

• slowly puts tinfoil hat back on as the door opens

This one is gonna be far out of the realm of possibility but what if they’re fixing those heritage armor sets!?

Something something Bigfoot Loch Ness monster aliens Jimmy Hoffa fluoride in drinking water chemtrails something!