Is the realm capacity going to effect the game experience?

I think the larger realm populations are going to have some noticeable differences in the player experience over Vanilla. There are a couple of things that come to mind when reading Blizzard’s mentions the increase capacities of Classic vs Vanilla.

• End game farming: Will this not cause major issues with over crowding? This was already an issue in Vanilla.
  • Economy: How will this affect supply and demand? Economy was vastly different depending on realm population back in Vanilla.
  • Global Chat Channels: More population can lead to more spam? Vanilla already had a lot of people re-posting in channel just because of how quickly a message could get pushed out the chat window because to the shear volume of people using them.

Everything effects everything.

Just relax. We are all going to have fun.

3 Likes

The private server cap was around 10k concurrent players and things worked fine there.
I doubt the cap will be quite that high on here, around 5-7k would be my guess. I don’t think it will be an issue either way.

Since the private server would have been only a guess of what Vanilla had for spawn locations, spawn times and player abilities calculations, it maybe comparing apples to oranges to how the population might effect the game.