Is the class good and fun?

I don’t care for being super competitive so if the dmg is not top tier than that’s fine. I haven’t really done any end game content, so I was wondering if shaman is a feel-good class with it. It would be especially nice if it does good in pvp

So with Shaman you have 3 choices Enhancement, elemental and resto. I love Enhancement even how it is. It needs the rest of its kit returned but it would be almost perfect imo if that was to happen. I tried elemental its ok but it didnt feel as powerful as a mage or warlock for me then resto well everyone likes healers in their group.

All of that said Enhancement has the most enjoyable visuals of all melee specs. Elemental you throw lava balls(aka meat balls) and thunderbolts. The healing visual is water

2 Likes

Enhancement is a fast-paced, whack-a-mole melee specialization with a mix of ranged caster abilities. It works on a priority basis rather than a rotation, so it’s very reliant on procs. They have a stacking buff that reduces the cast time of their next spell by 20% stacking up to 10 times, but only using up to 5 at a time, allowing you to instant cast those ranged spells. It can be frustrating when you don’t get the procs you need or run out of buttons to press. This is especially apparent at low haste levels. Because of this, many people are turned off by Enhancement.

Restoration is a solid healing role with a large kit for group healing, while still having reliable single target healing. Their mastery also increases the amount of healing they do the less health their target has.

Elemental is a builder spender style caster where you cast lightning bolt and lava burst to build up maelstrom and spend that maelstrom on your signature abilities. Their main cd is a fire elemental which is a substantial damage increase. They are known for their massive chain lightnings.

Elemental and Restoration are usually enjoyed by players, but enhancement is pretty hit or miss right now. Regardless, all three considered to be among the best as far visual aesthetic goes.

6 Likes

I am no pro, but elemental is really fun in BGs. I always miss it when I play other classes.

Seems like there is always another trick I could have pulled in almost every situation.

It’s ok, but dps-wise it’s very very clunky until you gear up, gear up a lot and tailor gameplay to certain things. If you don’t really care about competitiveness or participation in some group stuff and like the initial experience, go for it. But if you want to do anything more involved later (raid, m+, pvp, easily get into pickup groups) be prepared to put in more effort than other class/spec.

Your coolest abilities get unlocked really late I feel, so initially the class can feel really weird and incomplete, but once you get your full set of abilities, it’s a crazy fun class. Unfortunately, we really don’t get a lot of attention from the devs, so we’re sort of a sucky druid right now.

Shamans are still great, but they are valued for the utility they add to other classes, not necessarily how much damage or healing they can do themselves. If you like playing in a support role, it’s a great class because you’ll be a huge benefit to your friends, but you’ll also be the invisible side kick.

I really think the devs didn’t know how they could make the class stand out and be unique like others because it was initially designed to be a jack of all trades and master of none. It got a piece of everything, but has never been number one in anything except for healing a couple of times.

The damage specs are both really fun, depending on how you like to play. I always envisioned the enhancement spec as the epitome of the orc warrior. Elemental is still fun, but the class is designed around you keeping distance away from your enemies without giving you as much distancing utility as mages have, but they try to balance that with healing abilities. It’s tough since your one healing spell is easy to kick.

1 Like

Usually elemental goes necro, giving you fleshcraft on the shadow school. Pretty easy to bait a kick with a heal (or just juke a kick), then just flesh craft. And you can still heal if needed after the lock out wears off. It is a 2min CD though.

1 Like

That’s true, and the same goes for chain harvest. Both really good and powerful, but I guess I just meant the healing spell that doesn’t have a cooldown.

1 Like

If you consider suffering fun then yes shammy is fun

Resto Shaman is fun. Ele needs Maelstrom cap moved to 150. Enhance needs work. Also many talents are simply dead. Oh, PVP? I gave up on that

Yeah super fun class to play! Awesome in M+, great in raid… good toolkit…

Fun class!

Lol if by “substantial increase” you mean, one of the weakest offensive CDs in the game on a long CD…its a pretty bad CD.

1 Like

Been leveling my Elemental, got to 55 and having a blast after haven’t played it since BfA.

Can’t wait to start running some M+ gonna be fun.

“good toolkit” lol. Worst toolkit

Well not really?

Cap Totem - AOE Stun
Earthbind Totem - AOE Slow
Windrush Totem - AOE Group Speed buff
Ghost Wolf - Speed boost in combat
Rock Elemental - Tank
Fire/Storm Elemental - Big DPS increase if used right
Windshear - low CD Interrupt (best in game?)
Ankh - 1 mistake every 30 mins!
Off Healing is strong

The toolkit is strong.

1 Like

For doing m+ sure it’s fine

Ele is probably the most fun BG spec in the game. There are two builds I recommend.

1. Lava burst build. Good for nuking everybody in a teamfight. Go necrolord, take ascendance, stack mastery. Necrolord ability and ascendance’s on-use effect let you shoot lava bursts at everything with a flame shock on it, and those lava bursts can proc mastery.

2. Crit build. Stack crit, take stormkeeper, take lasso, and optionally surge of power. Earth shock, stormkeeper bolts, and lasso all crit very hard. Surge of power lets you squeeze extra damage out of stormkeeper and fish for more crits. Be sure to lava burst before you earth shock or lasso to get more damage thanks to master of the elements.

Are you sure?

Yeah. Have you tried it in a BG?

I’m stunned anyone would even consider using it over Stormkeeper.