Is the brutosaur still on the black market?

People who follow what is posted in the BMAH on all the servers have said it no longer comes up as it was at the beginning of SL.

1 Like

It no longer comes up. It hasn’t been confirmed to be removed.

5 Likes

Well it’s either that or it got stealth removed from the game. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Damn, and I really busted my a$$ off this time selling hundreds of keys just for a chance at it. Well, at least now I’m rich.

Sweet mercy. Because the threads in Bug Report and GD aren’t enough about this thing?

As has been said several times over. The table of loot that may or may not appear is a large one. It could very well be that RNG is not being kind to those going nuts in trying to get their hands on this mount. You guys are asking essentially for a game hint, so you may not receive any more definitive word than what was said the last time people were all up in arms in misreading what a GM had said when the mount was also being made available through the unclaimed containers.

Past that, there is never a guarantee of when X is going to be up in the BMAH rotation. It will be there when it will be there. Perhaps it won’t be there for another six months or so, we have no idea. The harsh response is that it was available for the entirety of an expansion, whether you played or not during that time is moot. Now, it is available when it’s up on the BMAH, but they don’t have to have it up just because folks are up in arms. It will be up when it’s up, or they could decide tomorrow to remove it from the loot table there as well. That is their right, and life will somehow continue to go on.

9 Likes

Don’t forget that even the TSM developer spoke up recently and confirmed they could find no evidence it has shown up in the BMAH since the “add to crate” hotfix. We do know it’s at least showing up in the crate since DFA continues to detect people obtaining it, but as for the rotation itself, it went from TSM detecting it every couple weeks to absolutely nothing for over 5 months. We are well past the “RNG is RNG” response that many make. I personally have not seen it on the 4 distinct realm groups I visit after seeing it a few times before the hotfix.

I know myself and others have posted on Bug Report about this already, so OP, you’re welcome to add on to one of these threads as well:

1 Like

These RNG threads have been coming up regularly since Vanilla.

I’m pretty sure Blizzard understands how to loot table. <.<

4 Likes

I suppose it could be that the rotation of the bruto showing, is now including it showing up in the boxes. So if it comes up as the mystery box, it gets moved to the back of the line from the direct listings.
Personally I dont get why it was removed. It wasnt some rare, special mount connected to CE or some lengthy achieve or skill based rewards. It was a vendor item.

If i recall it was stated it was removed for uniqueness and kind of a status symbol.

If i further recall they listed the presiege associated with hacing a vendorYak and how ot was now the upmost of commonplace.

My words not theirs

yet the 2mil spider is still in the game. No one really cares what mounts other ppl have. It was just a handy mount to have. The only status symbol is ‘more gold than sense’.
=)

1 Like

I’m waiting for a smaller, cute utility mount. To me, the sheer size of the brutosaurus really put me off. :X

None of the prestige mounts have ever called to me.

That’s not how loot tables work. There is no “rotation”, nor is there any bias (positive or negative) based on recent results. If there’s a 1% chance of it popping on the BMAH (example number), then it’s always a 1% chance. It could rip off 4-5 in a row at some point. Always the same chance, regardless of whether it was just up, or it hasn’t been seen in years.

Because they wanted it to stay as exclusive as it can be. In Wrath, the grand mammoths were exclusive…until expansions later when gold collecting made the price immaterial. Personally, I don’t get into what’s “exclusive” or “rare” when it comes to a personal collection, but that is their reasoning. And as you can see, there is still significant buzz around the mount.

Interesting thought. My understanding is whatever loot a BMAH crate has entirely random and won’t impact the items on the daily rotation. For instance, you could win a Tuskarr Kite and a BMAH crate from the same rotation and come out with two Tuskarr Kites; at least, that’s my current understanding.

Its on a theory opinion. No one really knows I suppose other than Blizz. I mean for all we know for the BMAH Blizz has a virtual hat they pick a handful of items out of whenever it resets.
Would have been better leaving it in game - gives people something to log in and grind for.

2 Likes

Agreed. My beef is that there was no notification of its removal until the final patch of BFA. It was a low-blow FOMO move. Had it been known at expansion launch that the bruto wouldn’t last, I’m sure many of us (myself included) would’ve realigned our gold making/spending to accommodate.

In any case, I provided links to the threads in the Bug Report forum earlier in this thread. I encourage you and anyone else experiencing this issue to add your comments to any of those existing threads. I wouldn’t expect anything out of this thread (the last time they looked into the hotfix intent was more of a special circumstance), although I may proven wrong. If you end up buying a bunch of crates, best of luck!

1 Like

It was announced in November 2019, and Shadowlands released in November 2020. A full year warning is definitely not a “low blow”.

And you’ve been provided a link to a Blue response that says it’s working as intended. There’s certainly no harm in adding to a thread in the Bug Report forum, but continuing to push that something is wrong when it’s been confirmed that there’s not is just causing unrest.

11 Likes

Has been spotted 3~4 times in the brazilian servers, mounts can show up just a single time in 2 years per server, maybe even less, it’s random after all …
Blizz should increase the rate they show up though, they are becoming waaaayyyy to rare as the amount of items have increased a lot.

You’re entitled to your opinion. If you feel less than half an xpac warning is fine for a 5-million gold sink and isn’t FOMO, feel free to. I, as well as many others in the community, are entitled to feel the opposite. Opinions are opinions. Keep in mind it went away in October 2020, not November.

I most certainly will continue to encourage people to post to the bug report threads. After all, if we feel there’s a bug, that’s exactly what we’re supposed to do. Attempting to discourage anyone from utilizing the provided bug-reporting methods, especially posting to existing threads, is otherwise detrimental. Unless of course you just want people to continue making new threads everywhere about this, but I don’t think that’s the outcome you want.

1 Like

December 30 2021 can confirm its still not shown in bmah , yet super rare mounts like mimiron head have appeared including EVERY literally EVERY other item.
As far as i know unclaimed lootbox has the items that where not sold previously the day before hence called “unclaimed” so if there was no brutosaur in bmah how is it going to show up in the unclaimed loot box. better yet why do we allow and accept lootboxes in first place that basically gambling.

My understanding of the crate is that it’s just a random loot token with a fancy name on it. DFA is still tracking people obtaining the Bruto mount, with its most recent detection on December 18th (last scan itself was the 21st), so it appears people are still looting him via crates.

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/collections/mounts/1039/mighty-caravan-brutosaur

Of course, I’m with you that no bruto on the rotation feels like a bug, but our only “official” recourse is to submit bug reports or add-on to existing bug report threads. I encourage you to contribute to either of those methods to hopefully help us get to a resolution at some point.

1 Like