Is the Alliance a joke?

Yes, we took them in long ago…and you’re not Worgen either…so again, what is it you think humans are owed? We got all we need from Anduin, thanks. No help at Darkshore and a peace treaty with the Horde that does nothing for us. With friends like those, who needs enemies?

Horde y’all should know better than to enter into these thinly veiled dog-whistled Alliance circle jerk threads.

These threads thrive on sensationalism, no one actually wants to have a healthy conversation.

Best to waste your time elsewhere.

2 Likes

How it would be fair that the alliance get the city??? The horde didn’t had the night elf city either. The fact that the evil warchief that acted against the horde will wanted to destroy it instead of occupy it doesn’t make it more of a victory for the horde than the alliance kicking the horde out of their city.

Still a victory.

First of all, Anduin wanted to help at Darkshore, but lacked the manpower to do so. But despite that, the player character is still able to - without having to be a night elf.

Second… why are you even making this argument, just because of one specific word I put in my post? The point is, I hate what happened to the night elves and want them to get proper retribution for it. So… stop arguing, okay? You’re being ridiculous.

3 Likes

Yes, the Alliance are full of moron leaders who do nothing but move the story along. They are never allowed to be strategically or tactically sound much less brilliant so the Horde can always look badass. The writing is horrifically bad and is compounded by how every ending is the Alliance lets the Horde off the hook no matter how much genocide the Horde perpetrates.

Varian and now Anduin would have both been murdered by their own soldiers/civilians if their was any kind of justice or reality to the story in the game.

Blizzard is clearly unable to write an ending to a war with any changes other then Alliance lands/cities being destroyed and Horde gaining territory no matter what.

So in short, yes the Alliance are a joke. While the Horde complains they are on their 4th warchief Alliance is left doing nothing more then propping up the Horde CONTINUOUSLY for the entirety of the game.

There is no need to wonder why the Horde are the dominant faction when the Alliance are not only the blandest of bland in almost every way but there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to have pride in up to and including our absolutely terrible leadership.

Every war the Alliance “wins” amounts to nothing more then Pyrrhic victories with nothing to show for it in the game or really anywhere else other then off screen. Alliance didn’t get rid of Garrosh, that was Thrall. Alliance didn’t get rid of Sylvanas, that was Saurfang. Alliance does nothing but show up at the right moment to hold the Horde’s hand through everything and then just takes the beating they get all the time and says “ok we will be watching” kind of dumpster/round file writing because to do much more then that would require effort on Blizzard’s part to make happen in the game.

Hell even now, Anduin was ready to give his every last soldier to Saurfang to stop Sylvanas…but he wouldn’t help Tyrande who has been his staunchest ally. The level of writing for the Alliance is always what do we need to move the Horde story along further…Alliance should do this or that.

12 Likes

Um… yeah… no… They have almost complete control of EK and took over most of what the horde gained in Kalimdor.

1 Like

Or (and stay with me now) Blizzard packed Alliance with amazing god level characters who should be able to solo most of the horde if there wasn’t something holding them back. So who looks “badass” the people firing off the blight or the mage flying in on a magical ship and freezing it all before destroying the fortress walls with magic canons?

1 Like

The entire BfA faction story is a joke, not just the Alliance. Horde side is a joke too.

3 Likes

Alliance side is bumbling inspector gadget. Horde side is bumbling Dr. Claw losing to a girl and her dog.

1 Like

Doing it wrong.

Try:

Why did the Alliance cross the road?

To help the horde reclaim itself from a bad Warchief and demanding no reparations or demilitarization in return for the destruction they all participated in… again

5 Likes

Same as it ever was… same as it ever was…

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Feel like you might be a bit mistaken here. Who am I kidding, though, subjective opinions are facts, after all.

1 Like

But… they didn’t. That was the point of this atrocious story.

Sure, cuz why wouldn’t Blizzard want to end the game for half of their players?

2 Likes

wierd, i remember the alliance and a bunch of rebels raiding and sacking the horde capital city to kill the warchief

you must have played another game

and for your question, the faction its not a joke, but the player in other hand…

1 Like

I just want to know how you’re supposed to “Demilitarize” a bunch of savages. Sounds counter productive.

This was the topic of another thread that is still probably being bumped…

Again, we ask, how would the Alliance force the Horde to pay reparations, why would the Horde even begin to entertain that conversation, and similarly for demilitarization?

Neither side has the forces to commit to an engagement with each other right now, so who and what army is going to force the Horde to do any of the things you mentioned?

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt you guys to open a new expansion getting your tail kicked, and losing a city to Alliance - no, not yourselves destroying it, but Alliance ruthlessly destroying it in a glorious cinematic.

Now that would be a fist pump moment.

1 Like

There is no doubt that they make cool moments in the cinematics, but let’s look at that set of cinematics in particular.

Sure Jaina makes the big entrance after being gone from the game for a couple of years and saves the day showing some of her power. Then we get to see Baine just be like ok, you just blighted your own soldiers and everyone else lets board a ship and go byebye.

Meanwhile Alleria (and the rest of the group) rushes in without even checking out the situation of why her sister (someone who she knows very well her capability) is alone in an enclosed area, someone who just blighted an entire field of combat, Alleria doesn’t tell anyone to wait and be cautious. Oh no, they all just run into a chamber with a being who can fly in banshee form and get locked in. It’s like all intelligence just leaves the Alliance leadership in the face of danger.

And you are right, Jaina’s power is IMMENSE. If you read the book Tides of War, when she goes up to Orgrimmar. That place should have been leveled completely.

That is part of why the ending of SoO was so incredibly bad. See the Alliance never actually wins ANYTHING. They never actually do ANYTHING. They just move the Horde story along. The Horde beat the Horde in both of the Warchief wars. The Alliance didn’t even get anything rebuilt or anything from those wars, they just took a beating and said “we will be watching” and “Saurfang sure was a great guy wasn’t he”. Even though he went right along with starting the war, didn’t stop the burning of Teldrassil but hey all is forgiven because he cut Sylvanas eye and made her show her true colors. Good job Saurfang, let’s make you a war hero while i try to explain to all of the Night Elves why that should be the case while they have no ancestral homeland anymore and why a large part of their population had to die.

Sadly it seems there is never a story to be told unless it involves complete genocide as i fear that is what they are going to do with Tyrande. Just have her go and destroy some small Horde village (something ala. camp Taurajo) somewhere but wipe them all out and call it good but then make her a war criminal or something like that. That would be the ABSOLUTE WORST THING they could do after the genocide of Sylvanas.

9 Likes

Depends on how you look at it though. I mean, this expansion was yet again more about the Horde where you had a lot more story and cinematics and Alliance was thrown in again. Also, we had yet again another Horde raid based on their story. Uldir is what I am referring to. If you were Alliance, you would not have any idea why we were at Uldir. Why didn’t we have a Waycrest raid. That would have been better.

So Horde won in that sense, but I don’t see overall how the Horde was more of a joke than the Alliance yet again.

4 Likes