Is TBC classic worth getting into now?

No troll here.

Before we start I only have a horde and ally levelled to 13 and 10 so far seeing how faction chat is behaving

I am enjoying levelling so far like I used to.
I play healers so class balance is not worry some
I don’t PVP so I don’t care about the balance there

So my question is after reading the forums is it worth continuing?

I refuse to boost, be carried or buy gold. Is that the climate? I found early mat prices the same as back them (1 to 1.5 gold for a stack of copper etc.) but according to these forums the economy is toast because of botting and gold buying for the sake of boosting and being carried through content.

is this the climate? Am I screwed if I actually want to just play the game as intended? (I don’t buy carries, if I can’t beat something then I can’t) and I don’t get why people would buy carries. (you know you didn’t beat anything, why pretend?)

or is the forum overexaggerating the problems and everything is kinda like it was

3 Likes

Just play at your own pace.

Because if you rush it and being pressured by others, you are not gonna get far.

2 Likes

The forums are a VERY small minority of the playerbase as a whole. Those dingises on the forums have an agenda and I would not pay attention to them. Is the game perfect? No, but it’s been going fairly well and I’d say Blizzard is doing some things to rectify issues, much to the chagrin of said dingises.

8 Likes

IMO, yes.

Is the Pope Catholic?

In my experience, no, but every server is different. I play on Bloodsail/Alliance and the world is full of folks playing the game at all levels.

Look, you already pay for the game, just play it and see if you still have fun.

1 Like

This is happening on Retail servers too, Mrs. Panda.

Just FYI

No. Play well and play fair and you should do just fine.

Yes.

I always found this questions to be non-sense… while the game was brought back to kick in the nostalgia. If you’re enjoying yourself… play it. If you don’t like it, don’t…

4 Likes

If you armory creep this panda you’ll see it’s my highest retail toon and obviously hasn’t been played since SL launch. hah. I have no idea how retail is going right now. Just that I prefer the old TBC economy and I used to be quite good at playing the market casually

The question is because I don’t want to commit the time and then find myself hating the end game. (if it’s just gold buying and carries. not if it’s hard, I already know the original difficulty)

levelling in retail is fun too (not as fun as TBC/wrath) but then it goes to crap being surrounded by players that paid for gear and no idea how to use it at end game.

Since I have the luxury of being able to get a sense from players that are already in the end game, but doesn’t hurt to get a little feedback before diving in completely

Yes.
Find a good chill guild or cool folks and you’re good really.
Retail refugee here, haven’t touched Systemlands since Dec lol.

1 Like

Definitely yes!
Most people complaining for changes in the forums simply don’t know how to play an MMO.
Find a leveling guild that runs dungeons (the server discord will help you here) if that is your thing, as pugging can be hard, especially in pre-TBC dungeons. (not really any different than it was in the original days)
If you enjoyed the original release, you’ll enjoy the classic as well. If you enjoy retail, maybe not so much.

My own guild is already full for three T4 raid groups and plans to run 2 T5 and up regular teams…

My shaman is only level 49, so my raiding future within that guild is uncertain.

However, I’m sure there are still guilds out there that will be running T4 for a while yet and there’s bound to be new guilds forming to raid as well.

Sure there will.
People are still going to run T4 content for their alts if not for their mains.

1 Like

Hey my dude.

Long story short : nah.

Yes totally worth it. Nothing screams end game like flying around farming herbs and ganking lowbies.

Fair enough, my apologies. The end game has been figured out for 15 years… it’s easy. Granted you probably would have to find a guild to even run anything and it seems like a lot of quit if we’re going by what forums are saying. I haven’t played in 3-weeks due to just not having friends to play with, they’ve all went back to retail and some are quitting that as well. TBC is fun, it’s not really a game to take serious if you are asking my opinion.

if you don’t get FOMO then it’s fine. the psychological problem begins when you feel that you have to reach ASAP the high end player and play at the same level

Forum always overexaggerates. However there are certainly some issues to take note of.

If you can avoid giving blizzard money do it. They don’t deserve your money dont do it.

I don’t think tbc worth getting into right now but if you really want to play it here is a few tips.
Make sure the class you pick fun and look for a server that isn’t dead.

1 Like

Ah, another “is it to late” post.

No, it is never to late, it is literally phase 1, we have another 5 phases to go.

This question is so stupid I will never understand why people always ask it.

It is never to late, never.

It wasn’t to late to start playing classic when BWL was out, it wasn’t to late to start playing when AQ40 came out, it wasnt to late to start playing when NAXX came out, it won’t be to late 3 months after sunwell plateue comes out.

Just play the damn game and your own question would have been answered.

Just make sure you’re playing on the right server. Alliance only have like 3 good servers however horde have plenty of options