Is SOM going to kill TBC?

Yes it will. TBC is on life support at the moment.

2 Likes

yeah, they are… but so many are so damn good. I know on my healing operative I have so many and I almost use them all.

I don’t like tbc, so I hope so. There just aren’t enough players.

Just wait for TBC SoM… then wrath, and wrath som.

There will be 5 of us per expansion.

…maybe they are trying to kill classic so we all go back to retail, but I won’t do it. It’s terrible. It’s not even the same game I bought.

1 Like

Current SOM will likely end during prepatches and start of wrath classic then it will just converge into current content. I really couldn’t see them doing SOM tbc and wrath.

1 Like

They say this but then the day comes by and they log in then put 80 hours

2 Likes

Nope. TBCC is in a good spot.

SOM is going to kill all future seasons though. It’s going to be so bad.

1 Like

unironically, FPBP

2 Likes

I also gave my reasons as to why I wont come back for SOM. This 70 hunter went through all of classic from phase 1 to 6 o stopped halfway through nax because I found naxx boring as it was the same version from wrath just with 15 more people which made it more difficult than the wrath version.

I highly doubt enough tbcc players will flock back to som to actually kill tbcc. Once som is released there is 4 versions of wow on the market. New world and at the same time som is released ff14s new xpac.

Add in blizzards inaction about dying servers in tbcc there is alot that is killing tbcc besides som.

Also I’m not playing less of tbcc. I play swtor casually which consists of logging in doing all my professions on my characters and getting 50k conquest points on each character on avg probably 8 hours of playtime a week in which I just restarted last week.

Yes . You keep repeating this. You seem to be quite invested in something that according to you (and your very dumb take) will die and kill other seasons. Not sure why you’re here , are you ok ?

1 Like

The guy is in denial… I mean all he has to do is open his eyes and see how many people are simply raid logging. There is absolutely NOTHING going on out in the world. That can’t be good for the health/future of a game. Even big time streamers are playing less and less. TBCC is far from just ok. lol

It’s how gamers are today compared to back then. We eat everything up quickly if there’s time to do so, which is why centering a game around 1 thing (endgame) is so bad. This is why the replay ability of vanilla is so good, because it is a true sandbox with many avenues for game time aside from raiding. Look at retail, they don’t know what to do to keep players engaged besides raiding so they add pointless grindy systems that lead to no where

3 Likes

Wrath will kill everything else.

1 Like

Nah, it will be fun for a while and last a bit longer than tbc but will not kill classic

Nah, no interest in playing retail lite

the player base did. Got kind of frustrating wiping on content that was 15 years old. I went through 3 guilds that couldnt kill Gruul consistently.

What this proves, is that Blizzard is not as good a developer as they try to sell themselves as. And it shows us clearly that BC was where the developers and the game truly started to fall apart. As the changes they are making now, with the XP increases, and the system changes for summoning stones; these are also the exact same changes they made to the game before in XP, and dungeon and raid systems they seem to be trying to supplement for queues already…
Ive lost faith in this developer, and I suggest everyone else does to. They will not bring out anything new and original. I know this for an actual FACT. They have the exact same IPS for 20 years, and anything that was in the pipeline in development as brand new IP’s has been scrapped as of last quarter; instead they bought up a bunch of lesser companies to try to integrate their ideas into their systems. But there has been little to no progress lately, and their legal troubles have made it even worse.

TBCC is just a reminder of how poorly this IP was handled and taken for granted.
Retail is so easy its not even a challenge on any level.
I can go from 1 to top level in a few days of continuous playing. The story has holes, the lore has holes, the queue systems literally OBLITERATED the need for grouping, socialization, communication to meet other players, guild use, travelling the world and having ACTUAL world pvp in spontaneous and truly warband-like ways. And all I see with the upcoming changes, and with the remarks from players leaving; is that WoW is truly dead and Blizzard should have announced WoW2 about 3 years ago and should have been releasing it next year by now. But, lazy developers are lazy…

TBCC is just simply a reminder that WoW is doomed no matter what they do. Because Blizzard is too scared to let the difficult vanilla game be difficult and force people to interact and work together if they want to play a REAL MMO. Not an afk machine, or single player game with other people “running around” while they quest.

1 Like

Not interested in reliving the class/spec/itemization design shortcomings of Vanilla WoW for a third time. But, I hope those that do, have a lot of fun with it. Go forth & meta!

1 Like

It’s literally classic all over again without world buffs and boosting. Stop acting like it’s some drastic new version of wow.

2 Likes

And yet that’s always the server that people want most.

Let’s get this Spinach :leaves: