Is Shadowforge key still needed for Blackrock Depths?

I play in retail, not classic, and remember that you had to get the Shadowforge key quest and get it to unlock a door to the Shadowforge City section of Blackrock Depths, the bar, etc.

I want to go back for some farming using a capped character, but can’t get the key quest any longer from the ghost of the architect. How do I make it to the West Garrison and the Shadowforge City side then? Any guide or video would be welcome, so far I have not been able to find the info on my own.

Thanks everyone!

No you do not need the shadowforge key for retail BRD. That requirement got removed in Cata iirc.

2 ways. You go to the shadowforge lock in the east garrison (near the ring of law) and click on it. This gives you access to the west garrison and so on. Or you can use the mole machines.

Thanks for your reply! The problem I was having was, I kept looking up the answer online, and did not find it anywhere, including comments on wowhead. And I must have run by that big lock in the East Garrison several times without noticing it. Using the mole machines does not allow access to the Shadowforge city, unless I’ve missed a turn somewhere. All I know is those machines don’t even let me into the Bar (can’t remember its name now).

Again, thanks for your reply! :slight_smile: