Is RP still easy to get in to as a nobody?

I used to roleplay on MG but kinda left due to the scene at the time being incredibly guild focused, and it being hard to get into said guilds or RP fluidly. I’ve been nostalgic for Azeroth lately, and wanted to see if there’s even a chance I’ll have fun coming back if I have no friends or guilds for any of the characters I played unless I find myself a guild that actually works with my theme and that I oocly find fun? I heard horde has made a big move to MG lately and its active on both ends, but I figured I’d bluntly ask the number of people who actually use the forums here. I tried glancing the various community discords but they all appeared to be incredibly dead.

1 Like

RP is one of those things that you will often get from it what you put in. If you take the time to invest into connecting with fun folks to rp, it is much easier to find higher quality rp. Stormwind is always a hub of active random rp.

Horde on MG is active, however we are not much into random walk up rp. MG Horde guilds are active, with story and content being ran. If you are looking for Horde rp, I highly recommend connecting with an active guild. There are several active rp guilds on MG Horde including the War Wolves and Undercity Nexus. Both guilds are running plot and rp story. I know there are other Horde guilds as well, but they tend to be neutral learning such as the Argent Advance.

5 Likes

Only issue I, personally, have with that is guild stuff isn’t always easy to get involved in and the walkup RP in between helps. Feels like horde is more about finding the right guild to work with, while alliance may still be a grab bag of walkup and potential guild stuff. Based on what I’ve been hearing mind.

But that doesn’t really mean its still easy to get in to, mind. Which is still what I’m essentially asking. RP was already slowly becoming very enclosed even when I left so my concern now is coming back or being a noob to it is going to be a long conquest of putting out guild applications and praying one works out vs how it used to be of having casual RP in between guild events.

Honestly, the best think I can recommend is to test the waters and find out. RP and the experience as a whole is a very personal subject best experienced first hand. I see lots of active rp guilds. Perhaps finding smaller rp guild on Alliance would be better so you don’t feel so lost in the numbers? Hope that helps.

5 Likes

If you are looking for “second life” RP, at least alliance side, that seems to be almost everything you see in Stormwind City. That is easy to find and easy to get involved in. If you want something that is a bit more story driven and themed, that is still going to be guilds, but I don’t see as many of them being as exclusive as before. I would say even more guilds these days work together to create great adventures.

5 Likes

Yea I think. You could join a guild and I am sure there will be helpful people. I would help you but I am more of a walk up totally random roleplayer

RP in my experience is a bit harder trying to get into in SW in public. I found its typically kind of cliquey and if you’re by yourself it can be hard to get people to acknowledge you. I’d heavily reccomend trying to find a guild.

Welcome back and have fun! :slight_smile:

Yes!

I’m a nobody, and I do ok :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely is easy. We get multiple characters that pretty much blink into existence as a newly-introduced character, and just immediately get into pace.

1 Like