Is resto healing fun?

Is it purely reactive? Do your buttons feel good to press?

Whats the story Totem bois and gals.

The story is that everyone is glad to see one.

1 Like

They are highly desired?

Resto Shaman right now is Ok across the board in pve content. We do good throughput, we do decent damage, we have decent utility. Fun is subjective however. I personally like shamans play style but there are a few issues. We have heavy button bloat, our casts are slow due to haste not being that good of a stat for us, and we dont have a good external. However, it is incredibly satisfying to be able to full heal someone from low health to full in 1 healing surge cast and we have healing cooldowns galore to help with any hps checks. The class is like 95% reactive but with the proactiveness of building up a cloudburst totem, but in keys thats most just putting down off cooldown. If you want to be full reactive, you can substitute cloudburst with the buffed healing stream, Give it a try and see how you like it!

3 Likes

I think it is the most fun healer to play.

Resto is (imo) the only healer that doesn’t feel like it relies on a gimmick to heal, instead being a more old fashioned reactive style healer.

The cooldowns and utility feel pretty good without being so over powered that they are likely to get nerfed any time soon. Having only one DR is rough, but it is a powerful one.

It is easy to waste your mana and go oom, but as long as you don’t just spam chain heals it shouldn’t normally be much of an issue.

Overall unless resto gets a big rework in the future it should remain a strong pick, but will probably never be the best meta spec.

Also we have finally gotten some good looking mail armor so the fashion game is way better than it used to be

2 Likes

PVP is super fun with resto shaman, I love throwing big meatballs and killing people.

PVE can’t say too much though.

crazy button bloat isn’t fun but has some cast sequence macros can fix some of it

1 Like

I like it. It’s my preferred spec out of the Healers since SoO. I’m only a casual to midcore player, so I can’t comment on numbers and performance. But I like the flow (heh, pun not intended) of the spec and the use of totems.

It’s an enjoyable spec to play. Great reactive healing and utility and decent damage in M+ too. It only falls short on externals but that’s only noticeable at the very top end of the most difficult content.

Deffinetly would recommend giving it a try.

1 Like

Resto Shaman is enjoyable to play and brings an interesting, helpful toolkit. However, some of it’s healing spells are in need of a refresh like the clunky castable Healing Rain should be instant and some spells could be replaced (Primordial Wave I’m looking at you).

Shaman used to bring the most coveted ability, Heroism/Bloodlust. We need something new to bring to the group in addition to our Hero/Lust, something that gives it a little extra sparkle but doesn’t make it overpowered.

Additionally, I’d like to see some of those new pretty clear bubbles as a sort of shield or heal. :bubbles:

3 Likes

Mega button bloat, highly reactive, good utility and damage in keys, average in raid, great in PvP cause it has good CC/utility but button bloat is even worse there.

2 Likes

Are any of the next xpac changes looking good?

I always forget how beefy a resto shamans lightning bolts and lava bursts are. Always jarring to see a resto shaman surpass your new Alts DPS in a dungeon …

I’ve been an elemental shaman for a long time, but I have tried and heavily enjoyed restoration shaman when it comes to running dungeons. I like our basic toolkit as well as some of our talents that support it. I have things go outside of my control less often because of Healing Surge being quick, and our totems being handy.

I play my resto shaman like a druid/holy priest mix. I pop my healing stream totem, and aoe hot the melee. I than riptide as needed. This is very druid like. I than throw big single target heal or chain heal only when needed. This is priest like.

In the downtime I either dps or enjoy watching success. Its my favorite healer in the game. The heal kit is complete but not over the top bloated with either too many main heal spells or big cds.

Most of the button bloat on my shamans is from the assortment of extra utility totems/spells that shamans have…

This is my shaman toon

1 Like

Really wish chain harvest was brought over from shadowlands not primordial wave. Fun times on my resto shaman with that during shadowlands.

1 Like

Its the worst healer to play right now.

It’s totally stale. There are no meaningful interactions. There is no interesting mastery that affects how you play.

Its like playing in classic times. Someone hurt you cast a heal.

Why do I say its stale? Look at any healer that has been updated recently. Holy paladin, discipline priest, preservation evoker. These are way more fun to play. If you don’t believe me try them yourself. They have deep toolkits, interesting interactions. Unique healing gameplay feels (melee rogue healer, dps to heal, time rewind mechanic)

The only mastery that is there for the resto shaman player is in the cloudburst totem usage. A master resto shaman will get good throughput with effective CBT usage… but is it fun? I would say not really :confused:

Source: raided shaman in mythic since Legion… rerolled in DF
Sad about shaman but I enjoy the game much more.

Are you excited for any of the tww changes?

I don’t think there have been any changes announced for shaman TWW

I really hope shaman gets a Holy Pally, Mage 10.2 style rework. That’s what is really needed. Elemental and Resto are hurting.

No surprises those two specs don’t have a buff either.

In my view Evoker has made shaman obsolete. They are a mail wearing caster. They bring buffs, they bring lust, and augmentation offers more buffs then totems could ever have dreamed off.

1 Like

I find it more fun than any other healer I have attempted.