Is ReShade bannable? I would love to put filters on my game

Hey guys, I use ReShade on DBD (since I don’t have Nvidia filters) and I have seen discussion of it used on WoW for some people to make their games look prettier. I want to use ReShade on WoW also so I can make the game look how I would like as well but I haven’t found any solid evidence on if using filters for WoW is bannable or not. Quite obviously I don’t wanna be banned so if anyone knows it would be really appreciated.

You won’t get an official answer. However anything which sits in the rendering pipeline - like ReShade - can potentially get you banned due to the possibilities it opens up.

Whether it will or not? Yeah, much as I’d like to say it’s unlikely (I ran an SMAA injector for years without issue) there’s always a chance.

1 Like

IDK but what about nvidia filters? does that count as offense?

1 Like

Again, potentially yes. Just whether it gets actioned or not is the variance - it only takes one malicious user to bring it crashing down for everyone else.

Years ago I had a Radeon HD 2900XT. It included a number of graphic filters which ranged from curious antialiasing techniques (“tent” antialiasing which considered the pixels around the one affected) to artistic filters like making everything look like ASCII art. It also had a filter which would render in wireframe instead, which also happened to turn off GPU-based occlusion culling and let me see through walls in many titles of the day (including WoW).

1 Like