Is RENDER SCALE broke?

Is render scale broke in game? I run 4k so I lower the scale down to increase higher frames. but Ive noticed its doing the opposite! Messing around I set the the render scale to 100% and frames were solid at 125. So lowered it back down under 100% and the frames tanked and was all over the place. has blizzard acknowledged this as a bug or issue? its been a couple months like this now.

1 Like

I don’t know if Blizzard has acknowledged it, but it’s been broken since 10.2. FSR used to give me a bump in FPS, but since that patch it’s a significant net negative.

1 Like

Yeah that’s really odd, I can definitely confirm that it’s doing the same for me as well. I never use resolution scaling because I play at 1080p, but I just tested it and a specific scene view went from 180fps to 140fps even when I dragged it all the way down to 33%(360p lol…).

You might want to look into the options within the Nvidia control panel for the driver level scaling stuff that I’ve never really messed with, so I can’t really help you out with specifics.

1 Like

thanks for replying and testing it out yourself! at least I know its just not my system. I did a bug report to blizzard they responded maybe its over heating LOL. yeah thats not the case here.

That’s both funny and sad, but I suppose they never said they knew anything about troubleshooting.

1 Like

Yes, is broken in retail, and looks like in SOD too. WOTLK Classic is fine for me, i can even use it with FSR normally.

Looking for some devs to acknowledge this at least.

EDIT: 3060ti, 7800X3D, running windows 11.

1 Like

I still remember wow triggering pink screen on Radeon cards when MSAA + renderscale was set above 100% that only appears at very specific angle, that checked sometime ago if still reproduceable and i could not reproduce it.
It also did it when lowered renderscale only went away at 100%.

I guess its the consequence of it being broken.
I think above 100% MSAA is bad idea probably cos renderscale above 100% is bassicly like super sampling if i am correct, if i am not correct please correct me and explain so i learn something new.

edit: i am gonna assume tried to change resampler to bicubic

It’s broken for me, out in the world running at 130 fps. Lowering the render scale to anything other than 100% lowers frames by 20 or more. In valdraken just not I was sitting at about 75 fps lowering the scale dropped about 10fps.

1 Like

Yes, still happening to me, it´s been broken for months.