Is pvp item level system lame?

It is a nightmare for those players who mainly focused on pve stuff to have fun in BGs against those players with full pvp gears. It is completely unfair and stupid, it is just a waste of time on loses and let the enemies farm honor. I guess the designer is a pvp noob, maybe he/she just wanna create some troubles for those pve players? What is the point?

1 Like

Do you know how easy it is to get full PvP gear? Did you even try or did you immediately come to complain?

51 Likes

Easy does mean you can enjoy the game in the BGs

2 Likes

Buy the crafted PvP gear if you are too lazy to farm for a couple hours in BGs.

22 Likes

say allys been wining ton of bgs with honor bonus!

4 Likes

You can buy green crafted pvp gear in AH for ~1500g apiece… It scales to 398 meaning you are 13 ilvl below a “fully geared” player…

3 Likes

Clearly an uneducated post please ignore all

12 Likes

im flaggin the post for trolling if you wanna join in on it

1 Like

It takes like 3-4 hours to get a set, sucks to suck.

5 Likes

Are you even a pve player if you can’t manage a couple hours grind for bis

8 Likes

Imagine if gearing was this good for the past few years. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

3 Likes

1-2 days to get full honor set, OP gotta be trolling

8 Likes

This is the PvP gearing system ive been waiting for. I have legitimately ONE friend let playing that used to play with back in cata when i started. Everyone else quit cause the end game grind is something most adults dont have the luxury of time to do.

Ive been saying since then (cata) just left me PvP to gear. No reknown, or artifact power to grind, no rep grind requirements, just que into BGs or arena and get my gear. I have zero interest in slaying dragons, or raiding at all. You can PvP and get the best PVP gear and be close to on par with the 2400 arena heros. Yes it may take you longer to gear then them, and because of that AT TIMES you may be undergeared BUT if you keep playing you will eventually be close enough that ilvl isnt that big a gap.

For the first time since maybe panda land i plan on playing multiple alts to pvp with. BECAUSE I can take a boat to dragonworld, and just que bgs to level from 60 to 70, buy my full honor set and be somewhat comparable geared to at least play. For the last 3 expansions ive picked ONE main and stuck to it cause the barrier to entry was huge. That no longer exists.

Yes, again, you may be under geared IF you quested to 70 and qued in your quest greens in a bg. BUT it takes like 10k honor to buy a full set. ashran and WG have quests that give you 1000 honor for winning or collecting some artifacts off pve mobs. That means 8k roughly you have to farm. Even at 200 honor a loss thats 40 bgs. And i get well over 200 a loss, especially if doing epics in switch your poor gear doesnt matter as much cause most of them have some pve aspect plus you have 39 team mates as opposed to 9.

I love this expansion and the pvp so far. Yes some classes are over tuned, but i assume they will eventually be brought in line. Stop whining and play the game which is the point of it being a game anyway.

10 Likes

i do want to point out that on most servers you can’t buy this gear yet and if there are a few pieces, they are unreasonably priced. by the time this gear is sufficiently distributed in the market it will be irrelevant. it was a nice try by the devs, but they really need to put it all on a vendor for gold for instant gearing.

3 Likes

There should be a minimum iLvl for entering BGs to avoid a lot of the issues people are having. The green PvP gear pieces are 100-1000 gold a piece and you go straight to PvP iLvl 398. If you don’t then you literally have half the damage and health of other players.

Well if you are a true PvE player. Then you will outgear PvP players soon as you have early access to Tier. Where PvP players don’t get the Inspirational Catalyst till Feb. Also you will be getting 421 Gear from M+ and likely better stats or socket which again PvP players don’t have access too.

So in a few weeks you will be fine and stomping some PvP players.

The only PvP gear that you should consider getting really is the Trinkets for the set bonuses. That’s it really. The best ring in PvP is already a PvE ring. The best weapon for season 1 is a PvE weapon. The list goes on.

2 Likes

This is the best expansion so far for pvp, if u think 3h of facing full geared ppl is bad know that in SL u faced those ppl ALL TIMES unless u were a glad or payed for boosts.
And in BFA ppl who raided mythic would have the best gear, do u raid?
Now with less than 3h of farm u can get full geared and thats it, u can even level while farming honor then buy a full set at lvl 70.
Not mentioning the gear diference in low lvl BGs (and lvl 70 too) is WAY, WAY smaller than back in SL, back then u would be facing ppl with 2,3, even 4 times the fresh lvl 70 HP/damage who would kill u in 2 seconds WITHOUT any CD…
The situation now have never so good since the eld of legion and templates, and now is even better because we can choose our own status.

1 Like

ok but make arena gear bis for pve too

1 Like

I still prefer the GW2 version of pvp gearing.

You can get 11k honor in a day of playing and then you are set for the season, essentially.

It’s never been better.

4 Likes