Is pestilent plague stone working for others?

I equipped pestilent plague stone on a couple melee characters and it doesn’t seem to be doing much damage. I even upgraded it once. It was recommended in some of the METAs as a good stone but is barely doing any damage compare to the other two stones in my ring, like 1% compared to 5-9%.

1 Like

storm is better for aoe & frost is better for st

3 Likes

To the bat simulator, Robin!

1 Like

The problem with DOT is the target has to live long enough for it to get it’s ticks in.

And with it being a random proc and not something you can apply manually, on some fights it may proc at the very end or on shorter fights, not at all.

Better to have a proc that does it’s damage instantly and is useful at any time of the fight.

2 Likes

it works, it’s just terrible

3 Likes

No need. There’s no sims to measure it accurately anyway.

I used both Storm and Frost on Week1 on the same ring. Storm was awesome on all AoE fights. Frost beat Storm on Single Target fights. Now on Week2, I separated Storm from Frost. Storm is for AoE plus Prophetic and Desirous and Frost for ST plus Prophetic and Desirous. To my surprise, Icy Veins has the same choice for my specs.

This. Trash stone. They’d have to buff it’s damage like 200% for it to even be worth considering. Other stones will do 5-7% of my damage and this one does like 1.5% even when it lasts it’s full duration and spreads to multiple targets.

I’m glad these rings will be short lived catch-up gear because they are imbalanced and uninspired.

1 Like

Thank you for this tidbit of information. The Freezing Ice Stone actually makes the ring worth using. I’m now using Desirous, prophetic and freezing.

The Storm stone is supposed to be a 3 target cleave stone and it’s dong way more damage on 6+ pulls then the pestilent stone.

It’s way underpowered.

The flame licked stone is also very underwhelming compared to the frost stone.

1 Like