Is outlaw the newest ignored spec?

Talent tree is a mess, actual talents that just don’t work in there plus the new mage tower weapons are all daggers.

6 Likes

we really need the ret treatment but instead after 2 patches we get a .15% buff to dispatch… lol

6 Likes

I don’t think they managed to datamin the outlaw weapon for mage tower, and I hope it’s similar to the last one. and talking about bugs in the tree, I’m really just accepting that we’re being ignored, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I remember Blizz agreeing that across the board, specs should be roughly 5~10% damage difference.
Most of the time anyways…

.15% indeed is far from doing the cut. Hard cap 8 target hurts and the talent required sucks, since no other class in game needs talent to be able to cleave properly.

I had 2 god rolls last run and extended them to 1m with KiR…and still ended the dungeon with only 85k overall while shammy ended at 108k and monk at 98k respectively.

Ive been playing outlaw since Legion and always been very good at it, topping charts and accomplishing reasonably high M+…
Its never been so bad!

SL beginnings outlaw’s were very very very bad…until they got fixed, which took months!!! Way too long if you ask me.

At DF beginnings Outlaw wer not bad at all but just kept being nerfed over and over…again and again…!
In conclusion : We got overnerfed!
the Echoing reprimand/KiR spec got the worst treatment of all and is almost unplayable!

Anyways, we wont be looked up…
Blizz isnt holding their promises, and its dissapointing.
They have access to bazillion of logs and simply wont abide to them for some mysterious reasons.

8 Likes

What new Mage Tower weapons?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/more-themed-weapon-models-datamined-in-patch-10-1-rogue-sword-and-horde-axe-331945

I thought the appearance would be similar to the old mage Tower, a really big fencing sword, however, I was disappointed.

I heard those are orc and undead guard weapons. No-one gonna busting their butt in MT for those. Well not me anyways.

if you look closely, the sword matches the mythic tier of the tomb for the rogue

No. The answer to the post title is no.

2 Likes

It definitely sucks. I just can’t take it anymore.

2 Likes

“oVeRpErForMing” and apparently needed to be nerfed.
While sub can get away with spamming mostly 2 buttons, does more dps and is apparently fine. Blizz HQ = clown world.

2 Likes

Ignored in what sense? Outlaw has been the best spec for a long time now. It was pretty much the only playable spec in PvE for all of SL. In M+ it’s still the most played by a long shot over the other 2.

• Outlaw: 127,243
  • Sub: 85,018
  • Sin: 40,655

If you’re talking about changes/fixes? All 3 have been ignored after several nerfs to all. The only change in the most recent patch to any Rogue stuff was nerfs to pvp sub. I’m willing to bet they’d have been fine being ignored lol.

1 Like

I think OP is trying to say what some of us feel is that for all the work it takes to learn and play the spec it just feels bad to not get some kind of love from blizzard. In my own experience I am lagging behind others with lower ilvls and I’m putting in a lot of practice and research. Why must it be this way? From my perspective something feels broken. Maybe me? Dunno, maybe I’m just bad.

4 Likes

20+ keys, outlaw and sub is even.
25+ keys, sub is almost triple outlaw in representation. (24% vs 9%)
And that’s including pre-outlaw nerf.

1 Like

Definitely not.
Why does a class with a convoluted rotation do less max potential DPS than a class that essentially can get away with spamming 2 buttons? All while simultaneously having to deal with a ton of mechanics and maintaining optimum rotation.

Designers need to give their heads a good wobble if they think this is “over performing”.

1 Like

Which is fine. Again, Outlaw has been the spec to be for a very long time. I don’t play sub, but I’m fine seeing another spec being up there rather than Outlaw. Also, while sub is being played far more than outlaw in 25+, it’s still a very small pool of Rogues.

Would I like to see some buffs so all 3 could be competitive? Absolutely. Sin has been the butt for an insane amount of time. But I’m not going to have much sympathy for the golden spec becoming silver.

1 Like

It’s not fine. It’s like saying discipline priest was over performing back in Shadowlands despite being the least represented, and nerfing it, while it was holy was the 2-button spec that was clearly over performing.

1 Like

I’d understand if it wasn’t the entire xpac and they weren’t still in a really good spot. Even looking at the top 20, the level of keys being done are very similar, with just a couple sub rogues reaching a max of 2 key levels higher.

1 Like

25+ meta doesnt apply or matter to 99% of playerbase. Including you.

2 Likes