Is our realm dead?

Serious question.

Sometimes I walk around Org and its just empty even during prime time. Outside Org is empty as well with no one dueling.

I go to Bleeding Hollow and its got a fully populated Org and twinks dueling outside.

What happened Ysera? :((((
No one replying to my post

Dead server :(((((((
There was a reason so many guilds left ysera/durotan servers and to sum up this response yes the server is dead.
08/06/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Poterhause
There was a reason so many guilds left ysera/durotan servers and to sum up this response yes the server is dead.

Might not be as active as some realms, but it's not "dead." The population of casual raiders and casual raiding guilds is pretty good for a low pop realm. Now, are any of us breaking any records or setting the pace for cutting edge raiding? Hell no. But that affects neither you nor I.

There's enough people around that chat is fairly active, even on the minority faction here (Horde). Even now, at the tail end of an expansion, if you start chatting, people will most likely join in (at most hours).

If you poke around for people for achievement runs, dungeons, casual BGs, old raids, or whatever you want outside of end-of-expansion or content drought times, you'll find people. If you want an active guild that has almost any kind of casual focus, I can point you to one on this realm.

And regarding those guilds that transferred off this expansion? Most of them tried blaming the realm for their problems and most of them died off after transferring away. I wonder what they were trying to blame in the end?
1 Like
I dunno, I sometimes feel like everyone else on the sever(s) have vanished. I have played on Durotan since 2007 and I have never seen it so desolate.
If you have war mode on, thats half your problem. There are a few small portion of our server population using war mode. Turn it off and suddenly everyone appears.
server has been dead since middle of wrath tbh
1 Like
Durotan died during Classic WoW (before AQ) when there was free transfer for characters off the server.

Blackwing Lair's 2nd boss, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt was very hard server-wise. So much so that if two guilds would be trying to do this boss at the same time the entire server would have issues...which occurred alot during prime time.

So Blizzard offered free transfers to select realms, resulting in a majority of the raiding guilds leaving.
I transfered to Ysera in Wrath. I remember Ysera having a very lively community since then. Didn't play during Cata but MoP was very active as well. Shrine of Two Moons and Orgrimmar was very populated. Right now, it feels like the populate has dwindled a lot. Hopefully when BFA launches, that'll change.
1 Like
08/13/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Nipz
I transfered to Ysera in Wrath. I remember Ysera having a very lively community since then. Didn't play during Cata but MoP was very active as well. Shrine of Two Moons and Orgrimmar was very populated. Right now, it feels like the populate has dwindled a lot. Hopefully when BFA launches, that'll change.

Referring to the difference between then and now? Yeah, it's unlikely that it'll ever be like that again. I'm sure you're aware of the mass exodus of raiding guilds that followed Midwinter's departure from Ysera even if you weren't playing when it happened.

Just because it's not like it was back in its prime doesn't mean it's dead. Yeah, Ysera's a shell of its former self, but we could be in a much worse position than we are. The population of the vast majority of realms have dwindled over the past several years. We've obviously been affected in the same way.

I mentioned in my previous post that some guilds transferred off this expansion falsely blaming the realm for their problems when the real issues were internal (and therefore followed them to their destination and ultimately killed them). We've also had some guilds transfer into our realm this expansion. They're currently doing well and looking at strong starts in BFA.

We have a late night raiding community that has its base on Ysera/Durotan that started up recently and I'm told that their starting roster is forming quickly. There's a few new guilds I've seen poking around for members in Trade/LFG on both factions. If anyone sees them advertising, don't hesitate to engage them in chat to help them out. I'm sure they'd appreciate the increased exposure and, in the end, we could all benefit from helping other guilds on our realm build up.
I started on Skywall in 2005, and in 2006 switched to Ysera when I found out about realm servers and their timezone. Was way better for raiding and pvping with folks.

Now..., with all the realms crossed together, I see a lot of chating, but body count remains low, except in Goldshire.
Nah its fine!
I used to raid in this server back in Wrath and beginning of Cata. Raid finder killed the raiding community they can join raid at their own time without a guild dictating time to raid. We still have small progression guild in the server.
seeing some new or transferred guilds on the rise, despite us being a "High" populated server.
Order of the outcast and Legendary Soulz left which was half the server, both guilds had 500+ members because they used super guild invite spammer invite addon. I think only guilds who want to appear bigger than they really are would use that pos addon but , there you have it. Server has gone down since Late Night Pain train left which was the best guild the server had ever seen on horde side. Alliance can kiss my booty
nope still fine
It's quite dead.
Legendary Soulz had some serious drama issues last expansion, though... they're a shell of their former selves.
10/13/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Beauvaliant
Legendary Soulz had some serious drama issues last expansion, though... they're a shell of their former selves.

Looks like the Alliance version of Legendary Souls is gone too, I never see any of them online either.

If you are judging the population of a server by how many people are idling in a city, you are going to get a false reading. some of us enjoy actually playing the game, be it in a dungeon or battleground or just out doing quests. I still quite enjoy fishing but I don’t do it within the confines of a city. If you are wondering whether or not a server is dead, why not check the raider io or wowprogress sites to see how it’s faring compared to other servers. And while this realm is not hosting Method, it is pretty active on the raiding scoreboard.