Is Melee Hunter going to be removed?

It’s not going no where. It may see more changes than it already has…which is quite a lot actually, but it will never be deleted given Blizz’s history with the spec.

My vote is for wildfire bombs, terms on engangement, flanking strike, and wildfire bombs to be basline. And make the talents more fun.

And let survival hunters wield both melee weapon and ranged weapon. Using the ranged weapon for ranged spells. Could put some of the magic based spells and ammunition on them. Aspect of the eagle could be a more powerful melee/caster form, and finally add autoattack to aspect of the eagle.

If you are meleeing in your bombs, it would also be nice if your melee attacks got enhanced with the magic type from wildfire bombs.

If SV got to use Exotics that would also be cool. Got my hmt night fae tauren, that would love to use the gorms. My undead maldraxxus would love to use worms and aqir. Also would be fun if we can pick what talent tree’s our pets can use again. I am limited to ferocity pets most of the time for lust in group. And solo play for the leech. Would be nice if I could use say my Tauralus as a ferocity pet!

I mean I don’t think that it’s going to change. Spec is doing good and it’s the best 2v2 Arena spec in the game by far. It has insane utility but high skill-cap.

Personally I prefered Legion Survival than BFA/SL one.

Trap → Granade → Flanking Strike → Axes was insanely fun way to burst and 40 y.d. Harpoon was insane. Legion Survival was truely meele spec. Current one is ranged/meele hybrid.

1 Like

I like Survival too. I mostly play in a PVP context but it has a very unique and cool playstyle, even compared to the other hunter specs. I usually take flanking strike and chakrams and having 2 extra buttons makes the priority system feel pretty complex and flexible.

The fact that you say this about RSV, the playstyle it held between WotLK and WoD, means you have no idea what it was about, nor how it played.

Great, another one without a clue, one who bases it all on personal bias.

Please just stop, clearly you never tried the spec when it was still in the game.

7 Likes

Hey, I found it!

I’mma quote what I said here, over there.

Imo they should add a new range spec to Hunter

1 Like

Surv seemz most fun spec for Hunter (PvP wise)… I used to play Survival hunter in BC/Wotlk… one or the other, or both. Until I stumbled upon Kripparian?? He may have even been surv, or MM… BM? I don’t think that was big until Spirit Beasts came about… Idk man. Been so long.
Anywayz… keep surv how it is , if they change it… idk. Maybe… less bombs and more uh… tactical abilties??? Survival… bombs… engineering???, no… an ability called “Call of the Beast” if it doesn’t exist would be cool. Where you do some sort of Hunting call, like a turkey call for example, and against like a Feral druid or any form druid or beast… it charms them to walk to u and u 1 shot cleave?? Just a theory. JK
I quit caring about Hunter’s after wrath. My first toon from 2007 (hunter) literally lvl 80 → lvl squish to what ever lvl 80 squished to in SL. untouched. But I think Survival current state seems really fun, better than BM and MM for sure.

we thank you kind sir for being a supporter of a spec that myself and countless other hunters have lived and would of died for because it was the most polished spec in the entire game. ranged survival hunter was without question the smoothest and most perfected spec ever created by blizzard so much so that we old school surv hunters feel that there were to many surv hunters and thats the reason for the change to melee.

we have been shouting and screaming since the day the announcement was made for it to be stopped and we will continue to do so everyday until it is brought back.

survival hunter change to melee was easily a top 3 mistake of all the mistakes made by the blizzard team.

12 Likes

It’s kind of pathetic seeing so many melee praise Blizzard for taking something others enjoyed away from those people. Melee had enough options before MSV. You know what I did when I wanted to play a melee DPS, I went a played one of the already existing cornucopia of melee DPS specs. When I wanted to play my hunter, I played my hunter. I really hope Blizz brings RSV back and updated for the current game and let’s you MSV players keep your spec which is far better than what happened to RSV players. Though as I have said in my earlier post, sometimes, with the way MSV players act, a small part of me kind of wants Blizz to revert it so you can understand where RSV players are coming from.

10 Likes

Yo, Zug Zug brother. This Mindphaser (Demon Hunter) Here. Check my Axe bro. L33t hunter wep.
Old skool hunters unite. I may not be surv now. But I was at one point.
May ur blades never dull.

So, there is 1 reason why they will 100% keep melee survival a thing and no amount of pretending to have liked ranged survival despite the numbers saying otherwise will bring it back.

Chromie Time Legion.

I think MSV is one of the best gameplay loops in the game (wildfire infusion build). I also think that it’s not going anywhere (could do with more traps and bombs though).

But if the Devs were smart, they’d re-introduce RSV as a 4th spec and IDK call it “Munitions Expert” or something.

That’d keep the old saltlords happy and the MSV chads happy too.

Oh, maybe I wasn’t clear enough: I think 100% of your “anecdotes” about the Hunter class are made up. Quitting the class because an already-sidelined handicap was removed is one of the most absurd things I ever heard. Did you also swear off the Rogue class once Stealth stopped making you move slower?

If this really did happen and you don’t touch your Hunter, good riddance. Stick to a melee class if you love melee so much.

It’s been 5 years and 2 major reworks and it’s still the very least played spec in the game. Giving up on it is the answer. It was a bad idea executed badly and no amount of tweaking will change that.

Like SV hasn’t stolen enough from BM already?

And just a post ago you were talking about how ranged SV was too similar to MM, yet here you are wanting it to take everything that makes BM unique. The sheer gall. Give melee players an inch and they will take a mile.

Performance is utterly unrelated to being melee unless it’s PvE and then it’s flatly a handicap. It’s doing well in PvP in spite of being melee, not because of it. In fact, even BM now has more representation in 2v2 and plenty of specs are far beyond both of them such as Arms Warrior so I’m not sure how you figure SV is the “best in the game by far”. The last time Survival was ranged (WoD) its PvP representation was a lot higher. So doing well in rated PvP is a terrible reason to keep Survival melee.

If you love melee so much you should stick to a melee class such as a Warrior, or the melee spec of the class you’re posting from. Hunter is not the class for pure melee specs.

Average melee SV defender right here. Mains a melee class, doesn’t play Hunter or care about it at all, yet still thinks SV is the best Hunter spec and should remain melee.

And you guys think I exaggerate about this.

Check again throughout this thread and notice the proportion of melee SV defenders are posting from melee mains.

It might not be the best idea to cater Hunter spec design towards people who don’t play the class… just saying.

Are you going to adress the direct proof that your claim was wrong or are you just going to continue to sweep it under the rug?

Those are the real numbers, and they show that ranged Survival was routinely a popular spec before Legion.

If they were smart they would never have made SV melee in the first place, thus not creating any incentive to have a 4th spec whatsoever.

MSV “chads” would probably still complain that their spec hasn’t stolen enough from BM or just generally hasn’t received enough preferential treatment.

9 Likes

Survival hunter needs to be reverted back to ranged with the few melee elements it had. (Raptor strike, wing clip, maybe more?? Forget)…
I would consider hunter again just to play ranged surv. Would be cooler to see than everyone MM or BM anymore.

I literally posted on my hunter, Masilmar… whom I mained in BC and wotlk bud. I literally havent played him srs since wrath either. Lvl 31. Too much nostalgia. Maybe a lvl or 2 in cata. Thx tho. Proof: his axe, only obtainable during wotlk pre patch event in karazhan. Prince boss. Elgoog him my friend. I don’t do BMAH. I have achieves in legacy to prove.
Don’t tell me I play melee only rofl.

Edit: Kriparrian GOAT hunter. Surv or not. Idc. Do you know whom that legend is ??? Once him & guild Exodus server transferred to my current server @ the time… Ysondre… I pretty much copied every spec he played. Every tiny talent point he used I mimicked. I was in 5th grade. Don’t judge bud!!!

1 Like

Bruh, if you haven’t touched your Hunter since WotLK i.e. 12 years ago you do not play a Hunter and you are in no place to talk about what Hunters should and shouldn’t have. You’re a melee player, period.

This is the exact problem with melee Survival: greedy and self-entitled melee players are given the green light to dump their awful takes and suggestions on the class. Enough is enough.

5 Likes

what could possibly the 3rd spec be? Throwing chinchompas like this is RS? So Beastmastery part deux.

Beast Mastery part 2 would actually be melee Survival as it copies several core aspects from Beast Mastery, namely Kill Command, Bestial Wrath (renamed to Coordinated Assault), and Spirit Bond (which BM actually lost entirely to SV).

Even in this thread we have at least one poster saying they should copy even more from BM to SV i.e. exotic pets.

7 Likes

oh dude wait they need to replace Survs wildm bombs with chinchompas. yes pleae blizzard.