Is it worth doing BGs to farm honor gear? Or should I Just try and farm conquest / do Mythic +

Pretty much the title :slight_smile:

Honor gear is the inefficient play that’s best avoided if possible.

Would recommend low MMR ranked for conquest, or even PvE.

spam games, even low cr with bad gear, get 1400 (you p much dont even lose rating til then). buy a couple of conq boxes for 375 conq each since youll come out slightly ahead barring really bad luck (every piece is minimum 525 or w/e and wep is like 1800 and the big pieces are 700-800ish)

absolutely do not do M+, this was the play in bfa but not in slands.

2 Likes

I believe that next week is comp stomp which will be against computer AI bots and it’s pretty much a farm fest for that so it might be a idea for you if you want to do farm it there. Won’t lie can get a bit boring :slight_smile:

1 Like

Edit: Buy the boxes. I was too scared of wasting conquest but looking back, I should have gotten them first(at least until my first vault)

This is what I did on my characters I geared up from zero this past month

Step 1: buy full honor set(I leveled through bgs so I hit 60 with 15k honor and was able to buy set immediately, If you don’t have any honor when you get 60 just try to buy some boe’s like the 230 ring, then spam epic bgs)

Step 2: Make sure you have vers on every piece, make sure you have 2 pvp trinkets equipped(always)for the 40% vers bonus

Step 3: Only upgrade the 3 “big pieces” and weapon. Don’t go past rank 5, it doesn’t matter they will be replaced in the coming days. Leave everything else at rank 1.
NOTE - Skip this step if you have a friend who will queue 2s with you without raging at a bunch of losses

Step 4: Buy a 235(or buy a wow token. And get a 262) legendary from the AH. Do torghast level 9s. They are the most efficient for the return. You can make a 235 after 5/6 runs and a 262 after a couple of more.

Step 5: Find yolo rbg groups or make your own. I’ve been able to conquest farm all of my toons by doing these rat rbgs with only level 1 honor gear. I was a healer so I could get groups easier, but there will be groups that have 0 requirements that you can cash in on. If you can’t get accepted, make your own yolo rbg. Don’t even worry about voice or a strat, the game will be decided by whoever has the most carries(all luck basically). Doing at least 1 rbg win a day is optimal but if you are enjoying it/on a winstreak just stick around. It’s the fastest path to get conquest for the gear you’ll buy.

Step 6: Buy the weapon first. It’s going to suck because you spent all that honor on upgrading the bg weapon and its just getting replaced. The thing is, having an upgraded weapon is the biggest dps increase and should help with your performance in reaching that first 1800 conquest.

Final Step: You have finished the worst part of shadowlands and can start having fun playing the game. You should try to farm out the pieces with main stat first like shoulders, feet, hands and belt that are still level 1s(or the big pieces if you are crushing it) I mentioned this is where it gets fun because from here, every piece of gear, you’ll be able to “feel” it(muh character progression muh rpg)

I will probably delete this comment soon but I spent so much time typing I just had to finish :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s funny that this is true

Comp stomp starts tomorrow. Not a bad time to catch up on a netflix show you’re behind on while you take farm and stand there casually hitting spacebar for easy honor. That’s my plan anyway.

Honestly, having every slot filled with even the first rank is worth it. Doesn’t really cost that much to at least have a full set and it scales up. M+ is just random drops and takes longer.