Is it too late to start fresh?

How is it going? Give an update

1 Like

Itā€™s not too late if you pick one of the largest servers. Larger servers absolutely still have people running dungeons, itā€™s just not as easy to find groups as it once was. Mage would be a great choice since leveling is extremely fast and easy. With some of the new p5 dungeon loot as well as the t0.5 sets, more and more people will find themselves running dungeons like BRS/STRAT/SCHOLO/DM again now. If you find yourself making a lot of extra gold than yeah, boosting is always an option.

So yes, if youā€™re going to start now itā€™s still OK, Iā€™d just really emphasize picking one of the more active large servers. For PVP, thatā€™d be servers like Whitemane, Herod and Faerlina. For PVE, I think Pagle is the biggest. I would not pick one of the low pop servers and expect to have a good experience. J can only speak for herod since thatā€™s where Iā€™ve been since day 1, but itā€™s still a highly active server with thousands of players. Horde favored though.

The only thing youā€™re late for is playing with the people who just wanted to hit level 60 and quit, the adventurers so to speak. Whatā€™s left in most servers are people raid logging and making the Rank 14 grind. If thatā€™s not what youā€™re looking for it wonā€™t be as fun as Phase 1. The game still can be played solo, and as others said leveling a Warlock or Hunter can be a great experience if you donā€™t want to wait hours for dungeon groups.

1 Like

I happen to be leveling both a warrior tank and a paladin healer on Atiesh. I do more guild runs than random pugs, but Iā€™ve hopped into Stockades on my tank and BFD on my paladin.

Back to the guild runs, though, Iā€™m in a very large, very social, leveling guild. Itā€™s the easiest way to find groups. Many who tank do get burned out on random groups very early on, but still willingly tank for guildies.

1 Like

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes. LFG on every server is full of nothing but spammers advertising boosts. If people arenā€™t boosting theyā€™re raid logging. I canā€™t speak for other servers but I can tell you from my perspective the quality of the playerbase on Grobbulus has deeply declined as well. Most large or day 1 guilds have become very cliquey regarding returning or new players and the general attitude/feel of the server has turned ā€œsourā€. Itā€™s like the majority of decent players have moved on leaving a very unwelcoming group at the head of things.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that Mankrik is the PvE Horde equivalent to Pagle.

Whatā€™s the guilds name if you donā€™t mind sharing? :blush:

My guild has several people who are leveling alts. I would imagine several guilds have people who are also leveling alts. Find yourself a good guild (like mine) and I donā€™t think you will have any problems finding people to level and play with.

As for class suggestions, I would just go with something that you will enjoy playing. It wonā€™t do you any good to get a suggested class that you find boring or difficult to play for some reason. Itā€™s a game. Have fun!! Never too late!! :smiley:

Thanks.

I came back today hearing about AQ and hardly anyone is doing 60 content.

All I did was grab my valor wrist upgrades and now all there is left to do is pointlessly grind or wait until later tonight crossing my fingers that a alt raid is being ran and theyā€™re looking for dps.

Even then might not get anything out of it.

ho and if you want an other reason to avodie bloodsailā€¦

dumbass faction balanceā€¦

i spoke with the biggest guild on the server todayā€¦

70 to 80 % ally so a dead horde sideā€¦

with all the compo in stock they only did 10 % for the AQ war effort and they need to farm on a dead horde side

result no aq before minimum end of august and worst case 2 montsā€¦

after that i should respect the dumbass 2020 playerbase who think retail faction balance work on vanillaā€¦

No. The way the raids/gear is setup means you will still run old content weekly for most guilds, just do expect to go straight into current content.

Iā€™m aware of that. I started a mage on Bloodsail Horde couldnā€™t even find a Lesser Magic Wand. But PvE servers, even RP ones, have always been Alliance heavy. This was true even back in Vanilla or TBC. IMO, from and RP perspective, Alliance has more lore to feed the RP fantasy, so I understand why the server is so Alliance heavy.

1 Like

Well i manage to get to lvl 10, just chilling and such. But work is pretty demanding lately, should get more gametime this weekend.

And i want to thanks again for the added intel you cuties provided.

This varies very wildly based on what server you choose and if there are active leveling guilds.

Iā€™m leveling a hunter right now and joining groups for ā€œbring me this guys headā€ quests.

Yes, boosting is there. So do /who and start forming your own groups. The only people who canā€™t get a group arenā€™t looking.

the issue is even if alliance is more enjoyable for rp

bloodsail is still not a true rp server, you have not a true rp population

i have seen many better rp project on grobbulus

you bloodsail you have not really rp guild with a true rp project

all the server management is a bullsh** ā€¦

The Anti Drama Society (they have a Retail guild on Proudmoore with the same name).

Iā€™ve resorted to the essentially telemarketing cold calling techniques of messaging people randomly in a appropriate level range and have gotten quite a a few comical responses about why would they waste 1-2 hours meeting up and doing a dungeon when they can pay a mage and boost one in 10 minutes.

Leveling my hunter now is a completely different environment than leveling my warrior even a month after release.

So do /who and start forming your own groups. The only people who canā€™t get a group arenā€™t looking.

Herod 6pm server time
Elwynn - 10 people of appropriate level
Westfall - 10 people of appropriate level plus obvious mage bots like ā€œFfsvdfgā€
Duskwood - 10 people of appropriate level
Wetlands - 8 people of appropriate level
Hillsbrad Foothills - 2 people
Arathi Highlands - 4 people of appropriate level
Ashenvale - 4 people
Badlands - 1 person of appropriate level
Tanaris - 5 people of appropriate level

Thereā€™s barely a full raid group of people if you combine everybody who appears to be questing in level 1-50 zones. Iā€™m on the third most populated server, I canā€™t imagine what itā€™s like elsewhere.

4 Likes