Is it time for a new MW Mastery?

With the newly reworked class tree and a strong push towards a healer identity in fistweaving is it time for a new Mastery? Over the years it feels like more spells have made their way into the mastery to keep it somewhat relevant, but it just always feels underwhelming to me. Not to say that a mastery has to be engaging or even thought provoking, but wouldn’t something that interacted more with fistweaving be better suited for the spec now with the direction it’s headed? I’ve never felt “stronger” as a MW with more Mastery. My 15k extra heal is now 20k just seems kind of dated. Interested to see if anyone else feels this way.

5 Likes

Great :+1: idea :bulb:

2 Likes

What new mastery would you like? Just an improvement would be ok by me where the “sometimes our mist sprays onto other people” is easy and doesn’t require planning around. But fun stuff would always be neat.

1 Like

MW’s mastery is not exactly exciting but it’s efficient.

I’m all down for a more appealing mastery for MW’s if it’s just as solid and effective as the one we have now. I could care less if we’re not given a new one and they just continue improving Gust of Mists through talents or tier sets.

1 Like

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

Getting real tired of Fistweavers acting like Castweavers don’t exist. Real tired.

We even got a whole MW Hero Talent tree in TWW catering to Castweavers, but let’s just keep pretending they don’t exist.

Personally, I don’t want some lame dog-water Mastery that only benefits Fistweavers. GoM is fine.

To say Fistweavers don’t benefit from their Mastery is also a bit disingenuous. Do you not cast any heals? Do you not press ReM/Viv/EnvM? If you don’t (because ATotM healing is over-powered), then maybe it’s time we “Fixed” Fistweaver so that they do? It’s called, “fist-WEAVER.” Where’s the weaving?

Show :clap: me :clap: the :clap: weaving :clap:

3 Likes

Castweaver exists, but it cannot be denied with the removal of upwelling and essence font that their view of the class is melee centric at this point with some soothing mist thrown in.

I would assume you are referring to MoH which has more interactions with RSK and using melee abilities than it does with Vivify and “single target” healing.

The Mastery needs a rework regardless of the healing preference a MW enjoys. It is the last stat prio for every form of content in the game. I’m not encouraging a healing buff or heal attached to TP/BoK/RSK or anything. I would just like some more integration with how the talent tree is currently constructed since I would guess we are going to be seeing it like this for quite a while.

Every MW “benefits” from the mastery. I’m just saying its a little uninspired at this point.

I always like the origional MoP mastery with the healing orbs despite the hate people gave them. they were diffrent and it set them apart from other healers but i’ll agree that they should have allowed every orb that spawns to 100% heal someone in raid as opposed to only healing if they were close by in range.

So now here we are today, we see that Essence font is going away ( internal crying because i loved that spell). At this point on the discussion of a new mastery I would cast my vote for changing the mastery so that your healing spells, AND your skill attacks ( BoK RsK, etc), would proc n essence font bolt to heal an injured ally and apply the hot effect on them as well.

This fits the monk/chi theme of a kind-of flow** of healing as they go about healing or attacking. Even as a pure mistweaver being able to heal and see essence font bolts fly off to additional targets as our mastery sounds both visually and play-style wise fun.

1 Like

Mop was slightly before my time on MW, so I can’t comment on that mastery and its drawbacks. Now the EF bolts serving as a new mastery replacement? I really like this idea. I was thinking to myself the other day that when EF is gone will you still get the hot that’s attached to stomping through allies. I agree that the visuals for EF are very nice and almost iconic to the spec at this point. It’s just been beaten down with the nerf bat so many times it was never played. More mastery could increase the chance to fire more bolts. What a marvelous suggestion!

1 Like

It would be awesome if they merged Essence Font & Sheilun’s (since the latter feels somewhat mandatory anyway) and added a mastery component to it. For example, whenever you proc a Gust of Mist, you spawn a mini healing orb around you similar to the current Sheilun mist animation. Channeling Essence Font sucks in these orbs and distributes them to up to 5 allies per second channeled just like EF currently does.

These EF bolts could heal scaling with mastery which would add an AOE component and benefit the stat scaling. This version of EF could still have any number of supporting talents and interactions. TFT increases channel speed, Upwelling/Veil of Pride increases maximum number of orbs from 18 to 36 (lol), Shaohao’s Lessons could reduce healing and mana cost of EF by 40% but add buffs per orb distributed for X seconds.

Bottom line is if we’re going to have Sheilun’s in the tree anyway I’d rather have the much stronger fantasy and interactivity of Essence Font with the good parts of Sheilun’s tacked on.

For REAL. If cast weaving ever becomes unviable I literally won’t play the class any more.

2 Likes