Is it possible to stretch WoW across two screens side by side?

im using dual monitors, and was wanting to see if i can make it where wow was stretched to both, that way i can just leave bags opened, along with chat expanded, AH, ect, the extra windows i use on the 2nd monitor. not sure if its doable so asking

That’s cheating Tabetha

2 Likes

You can yes but you do have the monitors borders to consider, it creates a heck of a visual break that can mess you up if you’re fighting something. You can’t re-position anything either, it’ll still be on the screen where it would normally be.

3 Likes

Not in the way you are wanting, no.

That is definitely possible, but your video drivers need to support it. I currently play wow across 3 screens, and I use nvidia surround to do it. With a few addons, you can easily place windows on different screens. With additional screens, more of the world is rendered (think peripheral vision). The advantage is real.

2 Likes

Wow, duel monitors?
Which one wins?

2 Likes

Yes, for nVidia, the card must support Surround. For AMD, I believe the feature is called Eyefinity. Both are found in the cards’ control panel, not in Windows settings.

If your card doesn’t support it, you need separate hardware.

1 Like

Why would you want to do this? Are you bug eyed?

No but you are pretty limited on space on one screen, i just think it would be fun and useful

Good call. I should have also mentioned that the card does need to support it, and the card will also need enough vram to drive 3 screens.

You’ll have the edges of your monitors making a big bar straight down the middle of your screen. Which monitor will your character be on?

If you’re going to do multi-screen, you’d want to use 3 monitors, no two.

You’re probably better off just getting a bigger main monitor and scale your UI so you can put your bags and bars and other stuff where you like it.

Have you found a way to deal with the giant floating combat text? For some reason the game scales it based on screen width instead of height so it gets massive the wider you go.