Is it possible to make a macro to left click where my mouse currently is?

Specifically I want to be able to simulate a left click with a keyboard button press for reeling in a fish so I can keep fishing without using the mouse at all, since it always ends up making my wrist hurt after a while. With a big enough bobber and enough casts it will always be under my mouse cursor if I don’t move it. Thanks for any help.

An inet search put me in the forum at this spot, “https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/left-click-with-keyboard/171942” where some ideas on how to do this were presented.

I found that too but none of those work for reeling in a fish since it’s just a mouse click and no in game button / skill is used.

You can’t automate it but you might be able to remap the key via something like AutoHotkey.

If the goal is to make a keyboard key “click”/loot the fishing bobber, hit esc to game menu → Key Bindings → Targeting → Scroll down and bind Interact With Mouseover to a key. This bind you define will “click”/loot the fishing bobber.

If the above doesn’t do what you want, then you want this key to do more than the stated intent and the answer is probably no.

If the goal is make this action into a macro, then no.

It’s possible for an addon to change the above binding so it has the appearance of using it with your fishing macro out of combat. But that requires a lot more information than provided.

3 Likes

Hi there! I know this is a year late but have you found the addon “Better Fishing” and “Better Ice Fishing?” Once you install that addon, go to your Keybind settings and assign it to the key of your choice. Super easy, barely an inconvenience!