Is it possible to get all covenant mounts?

I’m not someone who plays alts, so is it possible to get all the covenant mounts with just one character?

I really don’t want to have to deal with all 4 covenants if it can be avoided

Stick around long enough, I’m sure you’ll be able to buy them from the cash shop

1 Like

Probably.

The problem is if you go just the one character route and swap covs, you have to constantly grind renown and anima.

The downside is what happens if they add more mount rewards in 9.2 or 9.3 to covenant renown?

The best way to get everything imo, is to just play 4 characters.

2 Likes

Your question points out the underlying problem with this system for collectors.

CAN you “get” all the mounts? As long as you’re VERY patient, that answer is yes.

HOWEVER

As the system exists now, you can only USE the mounts for the Covn you are ACTIVE with. In other words: they’re useless.

You’d honestly be better off rolling 3 alts, each with a different Covn. You can then farm all the items from each Covn, have them count toward your overall total … and yet be spared the misery of knowing you have items… BUT CAN’T USE THEM.

Honestly, it’s a stupid design. If you earned it… you should be able to use it. “But but… MAH RP!!1111 When I show up in my Sparkle Tree with a Revend Gargon mount, their leaves will go limp!!1111”

Except that from the moment we hit 60 and chose a Covn, the story switched to the fact we’re all HELPING EACH OTHER. So being “Covn A” and having a mount from “Covn B” should actually BE EXPECTED.

It is nothing… but POOR DESIGN. >(

2 Likes

This is terrible design by blizz that is intentional and time gates invested players

2 Likes

Yes you can.

Edit: I didn’t see this was a necro, ha.

W h y?

2 Likes

Why be fooled? That was an auto correct but I am keeping it I meant to type why be necrolord? But hit f accidentally auto correct to fooled

So you have to have Alts compleTe all covenants? You cannot complete them all on a character. Doesn’t that mean you’ll never have access to other covenant mounts only when playing alts? Barely have enuf time to play main lol

its just much easier when you have toons in each covenant. You CAN do it all with one toon but like someone said above, switching covs requires the anima/reknown grind. The mounts or no longer “locked” to your cov toon though. So all your toons can use any of the mounts.

1 Like

Ty ty what I was wondering I thought you had to be in covenant to use them for me that made getting them all pointless I don’t really play alts

Yup, but you need to be renown 80 with all of them to use them at the same time.

wow so edgy

So you want all four mounts but don’t want to deal with all four covenants? /Boggle

Yes it is, but you have to level up each covenant. I have all four covenants maxed on this character for this exact reason (and transmog). Leveling covenants isn’t fast per say, but it is faster than you expect.

I have only looted the rare drop covenant mount in Korthia while being a member of that specific covenant. Not sure it that is a hard and fast rule for the loot table or not.

The answer to that is no. The RNG on most of the cross covenant features makes this unlikely. Plus there are mounts available SOLELY from being a member like the covenant dependent drops.

I dont think so all mounts from all covenants are rideable as long as you get them . I am venthyr and i can use necro/NF and kyrion mounts . You just need to be 80 renown and thats it you can buy on one and use them on all alts :slight_smile:

1 Like

True, but OP asked specifically without going to each one, there are about 1 per covenant that only drop as part of that covenant. For example Necrolords have a Tauralus mount off Nahonto that requires being a Necrolord member at the time.

True but you only need the drop to be covenant specific after you get it and learn it you can use that on any toon afaik .