Is it possible to duo classics dungeons

Recently returned to WOW and found out about level scaling being active game wide. I play primarily with my wife, and last time we played we would run classic dungeons just the 2 of us - she a hunter me a prot Pally.

Is this still viable with level scaling? Say we want to go to SFK at level 22 with the above toons, regular gear & weapons (there’s a bow there she wants) - are we gonna get wrecked and waste our time? Or is it possible with pulling smart, mitigating adds, etc?

Do the mobs scale to to lowest group member or the highest?

Looking forward to any insights or guidance you experts can provide.

Thanks much!

2 Likes

obligatory “this is the wra realm forums” comment

5 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, dungeon mobs scale for each player in the party on an individual basis. For instance, if your character enters at level 20 and your wife’s character is level 40, the mobs should scale differently and be challenging for each of you, even though you’re in the same party and fighting them at the same time.

So, duoing them while you’re still in the Classic bracket will be tricky. I think you theoretically can do it, if you’re careful about how much you pull, are just high enough level to have some good abilities, and bring your health potions along, but it may not be worth the time.

Also this.

3 Likes

Dungeons have also changed to personal loot, so there’s no disincentive in queueing together for a group. The only way someone else could loot the bow is if they’re also a hunter.

4 Likes

I would say not. I know you can’t solo them anymore. Maybe with a healer and tank combo it is possible. I wish Dungeons flex’d all the way down to one person so people can walk in by themselves or with any number of people and just go enjoy themselves.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of being able to decide whether you group or solo play in games. SWTOR is good about that, I wish WoW would.

The argument is usually “Then people will just solo stuff!” Well if they want to, why can’t they? Raids of the correct level will never be soloable, what’s the big deal letting people solo dungeons as challenging single player content?

4 Likes

You know what I want?

Take all of the classic dungeons, or just the cool ones, or the ones it’s easy to do this with. Keep them 1-60 group content. But, also, make TW versions that are tuned for a single max level character. Or, any character out of the bracket.

That’d be fun. Give me some wacky rewards or something, like a toy, I don’t know. Maybe some exclusive mog. That’d make it work doing for sure.