Is it okay to talk about the Bible here?

Is it okay to talk about the Bible here?

2 Likes

Yes. Freedom of speech Never be afraid to discuss the Bible.

4 Likes

All books of fiction are welcome here.

4 Likes

Strong’s Concordance helps understand the Bible though I must say Bible Hub helps one compare the actual Hebrew with words to get a proper translation.

Ironic how for Isaiah the translator hired by King James translated the description of the despised Medium better than he did for the Torah where he turned a single description for a type of Medium who calls up the dead into a ban on multiple types of Spellcasters.

If he had been as accurate with the Torah as he was for Isaiah the Witch Hunters would have had less fuel for their Witch Hunts since the description would be of a specific type of Spellcaster.

Even despite that the Concordance’s dictionary for Hebrew makes the laws of the Torah easier to understand and believe me they are much less restrictive than the departed King James’s translator made out.

1 Like

what makes you think it’s fiction?

There are historically verifiable events written within the bible.
I like to think it’s our oldest history book thats been warped, twisted, weaponized, and battered into something people have learned to reject before understanding the slightest thing about it.

Incidentally if people would read it thoroughly they might lose their notions that God won’t interfere with our free will due to the statement that he doesn’t tempt people to Sin.

Israelite King Amaziah is proof of God’s willingness to revoke Free Will as when Amaziah turned to idolatry and threatened God’s prophet he had his Free Will taken away which led to him delivering himself into his enemy’s hands.

Loss of Free Will is a Punishment upon Sinners! Of course a person whose had their Free Will taken away sending them to their imminent demise rarely notices.

Agreed. The translations are quite appalling as one needs a Hebrew and Greek Dictionary and the means of comparing verses(in the Hebrew Old Testament and Greek New Testament) for similar words to figure out what is actually written in such a rich history book.